Gobbling?

ted 88

So when do the turkeys start gobbling there heads off like they do in turkey season? Is it not until the time turkey season starts or do they start in jan? feb? im sorta new to turkey hunting and just wanna know when to start listening out for them

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Here is some proof for some mid February gobbling. :D

Attachments

• Train of Gobblers (600 x 450).jpg
    Train of Gobblers (600 x 450).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 238

Nitro

Banned
Bucky T, did you kill any of those birds??? I hope that you did.

That's a nice drove of Gobblers..

sman

that is probably the nicest trail cam pic I have ever seen in the turkey forum... brings a tear to my eye.

ted 88

i just wish i had that many big toms on my property! or to just be able hear them all gobbling on a cool spring morning for that matter

nhancedsvt

Banned
They've been gobbling on my club nearly all deer season... guess they didn't get the memo that turkey season isn't until March.:bounce:

TheTurkeySlayer

that is probably the nicest trail cam pic I have ever seen in the turkey forum... brings a tear to my eye.

Such pretty birds aint they? They look even better all battered up and bout to be dropped in oil! :D

TheTurkeySlayer

They've been gobbling on my club nearly all deer season... guess they didn't get the memo that turkey season isn't until March.:bounce:

I know thats true. Opening mornin of deer season, i heard a couple sound off and I had to stop what i was doin to think about where i was and if it was the right season! :bounce:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Bucky T, did you kill any of those birds??? I hope that you did.

That's a nice drove of Gobblers..

I got one gobbler on that piece of dirt, but it wasn't one of those boys.;) About a mile away from that pic.

One of my friends probably missed one of them a couple hundred yards away from the pic.:D

And I had a great season last year. Limited out. 1 bird on the property the pic was taken on and 2 birds on another piece of land I hunt.

I have my camera out in that spot already. Awaiting some good gobbler pics shortly. Hopefully...;)

And that pic is by far the best trail cam pic I've gotten in 12yrs of running trail cams!

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I know thats true. Opening mornin of deer season, i heard a couple sound off and I had to stop what i was doin to think about where i was and if it was the right season! :bounce:

Back in October I was bow hunting with a friend on his property in Morgan C. and I listened to a gobbler hammer off 20+ times from the roost at a passing train.

It was a great way to start a morning in the deer woods.:D

ted 88

well with all those gobblers walking around screaming there heads off it looks like you might need somne help taking a few out::;

Nitro

Banned
I got one gobbler on that piece of dirt, but it wasn't one of those boys.;) About a mile away from that pic.

One of my friends probably missed one of them a couple hundred yards away from the pic.:D

And I had a great season last year. Limited out. 1 bird on the property the pic was taken on and 2 birds on another piece of land I hunt.

I have my camera out in that spot already. Awaiting some good gobbler pics shortly. Hopefully...;)

And that pic is by far the best trail cam pic I've gotten in 12yrs of running trail cams!

Cool Deal!!! Those are some nice Longbeards.

I hope you work on em again this year.

Gut_Pile

Awesome picture Bucky T! That is one fine group of gobblers!

scoggins

i was at the duck pond early this morning and saw some honkers flying aways off and decided to hit my goose call to see if they would turn and i must have knocked one off the roost he went to talking back like no bodies business