Going down...!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Headed in for a total knee replacement in the morning.
The amount of preparation has been a little intimidating.
Got a walker, a cane, a raised potty frame for over the toilet, a knee mobility machine, (2 hours per session, three sessions per day), anti clot leg massagers, automated ice water circulating machine, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, antiseptic wash, oxycodone, and oxycontin as prescribed by the doctor.
Looks like I'm going to be laid up in bed for at least a couple of weeks and then in the easy chair for the rest of a couple of months.
My wife says I've been a little irritable and moody the last couple of days, wonder why?
I'll be looking in on y'all when I'm conscious, and checking in when I can...
Lookin forward to a thorough and successful rehab, then getting back out there for a spring full of fishing!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hope it goes well, bud!

My wife had it done a couple years ago. She used the walker one day, the cane for about a week. I had her driving again in four weeks, and she was back at work and back to normal in six weeks. She was only on the pain pills for two days.

Cmp1

BANNED
Hope it goes well, bud!

My wife had it done a couple years ago. She used the walker one day, the cane for about a week. I had her driving again in four weeks, and she was back at work and back to normal in six weeks. She was only on the pain pills for two days.
Fast recovery,,,,

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Good luck - hope everything goes smoothly!

1eyefishing

Outpatient, yep...
They say it leads to much better recovery rates and much less chance of infection...

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Good luck with everything.
Jeff

Greene728

Outpatient, yep...
They say it leads to much better recovery rates and much less chance of infection...

What it means is less money for your insurance company to have to pay. But I do agree with less chance for infection as hospitals are nasty places. My FIL has had both his done and was like hillbillies wife, up and gone in no time. Says it’s the best thing he’s ever done. It’s amazing how far surgeries like this have come. I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!

1eyefishing

What it means is less money for your insurance company to have to pay. But I do agree with less chance for infection as hospitals are nasty places. My FIL has had both his done and was like hillbillies wife, up and gone in no time. Says it’s the best thing he’s ever done. It’s amazing how far surgeries like this have come. I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!

They did give me the option of having the procedure performed in the hospital, but I would have to spend the night overnight admitted.
I've had enough of hospitals in my life...

dirtnap

They’ve come a long way with them. Friend of mine had his done first of deer season and was hunting within a month, in ground blinds of course

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Positive Mental Attitude makes all the difference.

Good luck and Best Wishes

dslc6487

Good luck, my friend. Had both of mine replaced, one in March of 2010 and one in March of 2011. Prior to surgery, I was on a walker or a cane most of the time. After surgery and rehab, I could and still can do anything that I want. I hunt, fish, have a goat farming operation. Only thing doc told me not to do was run and jump from a high place. Good doc and work hard in rehab. You will be up and about before you know it.

gunnurse

Best of luck. Crazy to think that a total knee is now a day surgery procedure. Hope it’s a Visionaire knee. They rock. Praying for a speedy return to outside.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Good friend of mine had both of his done, and said he felt like a teenager again afterwards. Here's to a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Make sure to write "This one" on the right knee, and "Not This One" on the wrong knee in sharpie. :biggrin2: