Going Hunting

Lumpkin Hunter

After 7 yes 7 13 hr days in a row I will get to be back in the woods on Thursday morning :clap: :clap: if the good Lord is willing to let me. I am so tired I can hardly stay away when I get still, but you can bet I will have on my harness and my bow hanging ready in the morning.
I hope to give you all a good report this weekend of a successful hunt.

Good luck to everyone.

Oh yea is any one going to Dukes Creek for the Archery hunts coming up?
I plan on being there a day or two.

Hunt hard, hunt safe and God bless.

BowFan

BROWNING7WSM said:
Try to get a little rest before you climb that tree...

I'll second that!

After a stretch like that, you deserve a few days in the woods.

I've got a theory that snoring sounds quite a bit like buck grunts. :D

My dad and I have both woken up from morning naps to mature bucks walking up in front of us. Coincidence? ::huh:

enjoy the time in the woods, and go home safely. :cool:

Lumpkin Hunter

No luck

Was in the woods Thursday morning and evening, didn't see a thing. My buddy went with me and saw 3 with no shot given. Hunted Friday morning out of my climber (API shooting star). I was all fastened in safe and secure in a very good spot, but could not stay awake. Thursday was not a problem staying awake, I guess I was just pumped up. Friday I dozed on and off. Didn't see anything while I was awake, but who knows one may have come by me while I was asleep. Sat. morning the alarm went off and my wife nugged me to get up and go hunting (man it is nice to have a wife that will wake you up). I told her I was going to sleep in and she couldn't believe it, I did not go to the woods except to move a ladder stand about 50 yrds. I can't wait until it starts to get cooler and the acorns start turning brown. I have several stands up in good locations with white & red oaks around them. When they start hitting the ripe acorns the hunting should get good. Still haven't seen any of the 5 bucks I saw while scouting, but I know they are there. Well back to work for a few days and then hit the woods again.
Good luck to all of you.

Hunt hard, hunt safe and God bless.

H

HT2

Lumpkin......

No Luck......

But, Man wasn't it great sittin' in the woods just listenin' to nothin'!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hope you get one next time you go....... :clap:

Scouter

Nothing Saturday efternoon ! ! ! ::huh:

I was only available to hunt Saturday afternoon, but it was great just being there ! Just me and my termacell.

Have a great next time in the woods. :cool: