Going old school.....

specialk

lol....might be an april fool pic....copied from another site.....

injun.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
facepalm:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
^^^^

specialk

200 years from now people will find theses scattered around out and about....lol....

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I hope they have a suitable hunting edge chipped on them if someone is gonna actually use them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I hope they have a suitable hunting edge chipped on them if someone is gonna actually use them.
Doesn't look much like it. A good sharp, well designed stone point is better than a steel broadhead IMO, but a dull, poorly designed one is a recipe for failure and wounded game. That one looks to be neither sharp nor well-designed.

bronco611

at 36 bucks apiece when you buy 6 you are spending 220 bucks for broadheads! I'll make them and sell them to you for 150 bucks for 6

uturn

Think that's supposed to go on one a those spears them crazy dudes hunt them there Hogzillas witt!?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
at 36 bucks apiece when you buy 6 you are spending 220 bucks for broadheads! I'll make them and sell them to you for 150 bucks for 6
You a flintknapper? If not, it's not nearly as easy as it looks to turn out a hunting-quality stone point.

Those are not hunting quality points, IMO. If I was going to make and sell points that I would trust somebody to shoot a deer with, I would charge more than they are. You're looking at acquiring good quality stone, which involves lots of travel and work, or paying high dollar for it, and spending a good hour or more work on every one of them.

bronco611

NCHillbilly, I do knap on and off and have made hunting points from stone and obsidian. I was not talking about making top quality points at that price i was talking about putting some trash on the insert like they was showing and calling it a point. You are correct high quality points ,stone and experience all roll out together at a quality price. also I would never give out poor quality points for anyone to hunt with and would not actually sell them for 150 bucks for someone to wound an animal with.