GON article for Unicoi Call Makers show

rigderunner

Good to see your back to posting. I was planning on coming last year but didn'take it so hoping to be there this year.

ol bob

Only a month away if you a a true turkey nut this is the one show that you need to attend at least one time.

M Sharpe

Only a month away if you a a true turkey nut this is the one show that you need to attend at least one time.
Thanks Mr. Bob!!
You coming down this year??

ol bob

Going to try to be there Fri.but I'm at the age nothing can be sure.

cowhornedspike

I agree!!!! It needs to be a week later because too many folks that would like to go to it aren't going to miss the last shot at that buck they have been chasing all season or their last chance to put some meat in the freezer!

Many hunters are gonna hunt that weekend as a tradition just like opening day.

From what I can tell it looks like it has been on the last weekend of deer season each year so far and seems like the folks that plan it would plan that better. I'm sure the call makers wouldn't complain about those deer hunters showing up and trying out their calls.

M Sharpe

What’s the schedule for Friday night ?
Scratch boxes, tube calls and trough calls. Start back over in 2021 with a different line up of box call makers.

M Sharpe

I agree!!!! It needs to be a week later because too many folks that would like to go to it aren't going to miss the last shot at that buck they have been chasing all season or their last chance to put some meat in the freezer!

Many hunters are gonna hunt that weekend as a tradition just like opening day.

From what I can tell it looks like it has been on the last weekend of deer season each year so far and seems like the folks that plan it would plan that better. I'm sure the call makers wouldn't complain about those deer hunters showing up and trying out their calls.
This show has always traditionally been the second weekend in January. It will fall on MLK weekend in a year or so.

ol bob

One week from today the call makers will be showing up at Unicoi time to start getting ready for the 2020 season.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Looking forward to it. Never been but will be there this year.

Gaswamp

I'll be there with fireman 32 and youngins trying to help them spend their money

Duff

Looking forward to it

ssramage

For those that have been there before, is it worth going for only Sat? It's a 6+ hour ride (one way) from me, so I'm not sure I'm going but Sat would be the only day anyways...

ol bob

That's a long drive for one day,but there are more custom call makers there than at any show any where. You would need to be there when it opens to be sure you have enough time to see everyone.

Gaswamp

I drive up from South georgia.....4 1/2 hours but I stay overnight.