GON Economics lessons are a joke

Patriot44

Moderately accurate. There is debate if the fact that so much of the stocks being sold were substantiated junk paper wasn't the major cause. The market wasn't regulated then and any Tom, Dick and Harry who could pay the listing fee could list their stocks to be sold.

Nope, the crash was caused by the federal government insisting that banks lend money to people who had no ability to repay. That left the banks with paper to unload, which the did. The dumb thing is that they turned around and purchased the worthless paper. Bottom line those was that the government created an artificial bubble.

There are virtually no similarities between the two crashed other than a down market. Oh and thanks, but I've read about and studied bubbles.
B.B. Boom. Fiah! Artillery!

MrAmerica

I`m not smart, I just pretend to be.
Mudducker: with all due respect you may want to read my bio before you choose to take exception with anything I write on the topic of economics.

To make my point, America currently has two major economic bubbles brewing. You are so smart, you tell us what they are and how do we manage them?

I was going to log on and write about them to help inform people, but you're so smart, you tell us. What are they and how do we manage them? Good luck.

Mudducker: with all due respect you may want to read my bio before you choose to take exception with anything I write on the topic of economics.
can't be much to it, you being from Alabama and such....::ke: :rofl::rofl::biggrin2:

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gotta watch them experts Mudducker.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
Yep... heaven forbid you have an opinion of your own.
I got a sister n law with academic papers out the wazoo hanging all over her wall. She'll flat out tell you how smart and highly educated she is while hanging her nose so far up in the air she'd drown if it rained. She has a job that requires no degree, only a high school education or GED.

She's and expert also.

I got a sister n law with academic papers out the wazoo hanging all over her wall. She'll flat out tell you how smart and highly educated she is while hanging her nose so far up in the air she'd drown if it rained. She has a job that requires no degree, only a high school education or GED.

She's and expert also.
She must sleep at Holiday Inn.:biggrin2:

MrAmerica

I`m not smart, I just pretend to be.
Economic Bubble 1, The National Debt:
In 1971 the national debt was just short of $400-Billion (a reasonable number) today under the current lunatic in the oval office it is over 20-Trillion and growing. We are in a state of surplus i.e. our economy is growing this is when you pay down the debt not grow it. But anybody (republicans) with an education knows this (except trump and his trumpians). This is NOT a time when you give tax cuts i.e. to the rich. In times of surplus you pay down the debt so that you have money to spend when the economy slows down and you need a stimulus package, or tax cuts you have room to do it. However, Trump and his idiot trumians have never heard the term hyperinflation, nor do they understand what causes inflation or hyperinflation. It is no wonder trump has gone bankrupt more times then there are ticks on a deer. He’s an insane idiot. The U.S. once stopped a nation’s hyperinflation in just two weeks, but that option is no longer available to the U.S. if we get hit with hyperinflation, it’s over. The idiot trump is not even aware that in the last eight years there have been several moves by G20 nations to change the international currency of trade from the U.S. dollar to another more stable currency. If the G20 is ever successful in this endeavor, it is over, instant hyperinflation with no known way to stop it. But trumpians already know this. They’re all high school educated geniuses’.

Economic Bubble 2, healthcare costs
Show me some respect and I will politely explain healthcare costs as an economic bubble for you in a nut shell.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
In 1971 the national debt was just short of $400-Billion (a reasonable number) today under the current lunatic in the oval office it is over 20-Trillion and growing.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But in all of your expertise you were ok with what the last lunatic in office did with the ND?

Do you proof read your posts before submitting?

In 1971 the national debt was just short of $400-Billion (a reasonable number) today under the current lunatic in the oval office it is over 20-Trillion and growing. We are in a state of surplus i.e. our economy is growing this is when you pay down the debt not grow it. But anybody (republicans) with an education knows this (except trump and his trumpians). This is NOT a time when you give tax cuts i.e. to the rich. In times of surplus you pay down the debt so that you have money to spend when the economy slows down and you need a stimulus package, or tax cuts you have room to do it. However, Trump and his idiot trumians have never heard the term hyperinflation, nor do they understand what causes inflation or hyperinflation. It is no wonder trump has gone bankrupt more times then there are ticks on a deer. He’s an insane idiot. The U.S. once stopped a nation’s hyperinflation in just two weeks, but that option is no longer available to the U.S. if we get hit with hyperinflation, it’s over. The idiot trump is not even aware that in the last eight years there have been several moves by G20 nations to change the international currency of trade from the U.S. dollar to another more stable currency. If the G20 is ever successful in this endeavor, it is over, instant hyperinflation with no known way to stop it. But trumpians already know this. They’re all high school educated geniuses’.

Show me some respect and I will politely explain healthcare costs as an economic bubble for you in a nut shell.
Makes you wonder if some folks realize that the gooberment is taking in more money this year than any year in the past. It is not a revenue problem we have with the deficit, its a spending problem.

Also, during Trumps term only a bit over 1.2T was added to the debt, and most of that was allocated before he was even elected. Obama added over 10T during his time.

If you are going to place blame, at least be accurate in your statements.

Welcome to the PF. You are going to be very popular here.

chobrown

To make my point, America currently has two major economic bubbles brewing. You are so smart, you tell us what they are and how do we manage them?

I was going to log on and write about them to help inform people, but you're so smart, you tell us. What are they and how do we manage them? Good luck.
Same ole tune fiddle and guitar

PopPop

This one might get interesting but a man has got to do what a man has got to do, I got to go fishing.

Last edited:
This one might get interesting but a man has got to do what a man has got to do, I got to fishing.
Sounds like good day. You can always go fishing in the PF anytime!:rofl:

Economic bubbles are created by an overabundance of wealth, (wealth being cash, credit or commodity).
That is funny. Can you prove to me that it is not the ecomonic bubble that creats the overabundance of wealth, (wealth being cash, credit, or commodity)?
Please note that I said prove, not speculate.

In 1971 the national debt was just short of $400-Billion (a reasonable number) today under the current lunatic in the oval office it is over 20-Trillion and growing. We are in a state of surplus i.e. our economy is growing this is when you pay down the debt not grow it. But anybody (republicans) with an education knows this (except trump and his trumpians). This is NOT a time when you give tax cuts i.e. to the rich. In times of surplus you pay down the debt so that you have money to spend when the economy slows down and you need a stimulus package, or tax cuts you have room to do it. However, Trump and his idiot trumians have never heard the term hyperinflation, nor do they understand what causes inflation or hyperinflation.

Thank you mighty oracle of the west.
Now please show me when and where any of your highly intelligent and allknowing Democrat friends in Government have ever paid down any of the National Debt even if only by one penny.

I show you respect: R-E-S-P-E-C-T. However, based upon your eplanations above I expect no rational explanation nor do I expect politeness.
The nut shell, perhaps. Everyone has to live somewhere, I suppose.

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
Mr. America, you had my attention there for quite a while. Then you went into the mud with the name calling and the adjective "idiot" several times concerning Prez. Trump.
You got to do better than that.
Would you apply the same word "idiot" to the recent inhabitant of the White House, Mr. Obama?? If not, then why not??
For what it's worth, sir. They have a little "club" here (figuratively speaking) of guys who've patted each other on the back for years and years. If you cross any of the members of the "club", you can expect insults, name calling, and ridicule over anything you post. That is against the posted rules of the forum. but they get away with it anyhow, as you'll soon find out. It's a stacked deck, mister, you can't win.
I've watched them for years with interest , so only about once or twice a year do I hop into the pit and tangle with them. They do not accept opposing opinions very well.
Having said all that, I want to hear more about how your term "idiot" relates to past Prez. Barack Obama. You may proceed.
Reading a Mr. America post and a Thomas Cobb post is like flipping a coin. It has two sides but it is the same coin. A veritable PF split personality if you will.

Reading a Mr. America post and a Thomas Cobb post is like flipping a coin. It has two sides but it is the same coin. A veritable PF split personality if you will.
I disagree with you about that, but at least your opinion is done in a civil manner without ridicule or name calling.
Life goes on.