GON Fishing Map of the Month?

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Anyone ever use these maps and if so any luck doing so?

They sure look like a good tool for us weekend warriors... :bounce:

I'm considering putting together a notebook with all the maps and corresponding articles in plastic sleeves in order to protect the contents. I hope to insert tabs in it also by the month so I can review monthly where and what is hot.

Anyone else do this?

darrelllu613

GONetwork Member
I do exactly as you put it... I put articles in plastic sleeves in a binder and I hope it helps when I use it since I just started with the march issue of the GON.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
darrelllu613 said:
I do exactly as you put it... I put articles in plastic sleeves in a binder and I hope it helps when I use it since I just started with the march issue of the GON.

I have several years worth of back issues that I hope to go through and copy the information from and insert in the binder. I hope it helps also because it's going to be quite a task to put it all together. I guess if you did it every month and kept up with it, it wouldn't be to difficult, though starting from scratch and going way back when it's going to be quite an undertaking... ;)

Good luck with yours!

GeauxLSU

As soon as Networker does that historical index he PROMISED (friendly reminder... ;) :p ) I plan to do that with the small/lake profiles they've done for primarily electric motor only lakes. I'd think those maps and related articles could be VERY useful.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

J Ferguson

Nut I ve been keepin that info in a note book fer about 3 years now and I dont use them much but I always gottem and are very usuful when needed :cool:

GeauxLSU

Networker said:
Tell GooLSEWE that the list will be ready April 1. ;)
Still on schedule! :fine:

I think I'm going to have to publish a Cajun to English dictionary for the less cultured amongst us.... ::ke: :bounce:

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I think a special publication containing all the maps and related articles published to date could be a best seller... :D

Maybe have it organized by each lake and then broken down by the month.

I know I'd buy it... :D

What do ya'll think???

J Ferguson

Nut Id have to say I wouldnt be crazy about that cause there some good spots and tips in those things and I would rather not no one else no about them another words

SORRY ABOUT THERE LUCK

Naw Im just being selfish it would be a good thing.

GeauxLSU

huntnnut said:
I think a special publication containing all the maps and related articles published to date could be a best seller... :D

Maybe have it organized by each lake and then broken down by the month.

I know I'd buy it... :D

What do ya'll think???
Several magazines do do a 'special edition' that ONLY subsribers get. It's used to help ensure renewals and incent new subscribers. That would certainly be a good one to use! Maybe somebody is 'listening'....
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Randy

I don't save the map from the mag but I do mark the places on my big lake map noteing the month and any remarks such as a described boat dock or brush pile. I like haveing my big maps marked. Even when I am on the lake and find some fish, I note the place, time of the year and structure.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
GeauxLSU said:
Several magazines do do a 'special edition' that ONLY subsribers get. It's used to help ensure renewals and incent new subscribers. That would certainly be a good one to use! Maybe somebody is 'listening'....
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Phil, that's exactly what I was hoping... ;) :bounce:

Randy, thats a good idea also... :cheers:

Redneck, I know what you mean. I've always been surprised that these folks give up all the information that they do...I sure appreciate it though... :)

L

loouuii

I put them on my GPS program and then use them when ever I go to that lake. :type:

frankwright

I save some of the articles and also mark my maps. I did learn a good lesson. Wait at least two or three months after the article comes out before you try to fish these spots.

A couple of times I have had a tournament on a lake the same month the GON article came out on that lake. You would of had to take a number and wait your turn to fish a spot. Now I avoid the spots or creeks they talk about and try to duplicate the pattern on a different part of the lake.

jay sullivent

i note dates and techniquesand patterns and things but don't ever use the maps. no ones gonna give up a real hiney hole i don't believe.

Randall

Maps

Most of the spots are what are commonly called community holes. Like Jay said they dont give up their best holes. But that dont mean there arent fish there. These are mostly the spots that the regulars on the lake all know already. They are all good spots but most arent giving that much away by telling about them since these spots get pressured already.These maps are always my first resource when going to an unfamiliar lake. I can go to the spots to get a feel of what the fish are doing before trying to find other spots that are less pressured.

Oscott

A good friend of mine at Lake Allatoona was not so thrilled to see his dock mentioned along with a picture of it in GON....