Good books you have enjoyed reading.

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
I'd like some books to read in evenings. I wonder around book stores and internet and can't commit. Give me some good ideas for some good books! And why you like reading them

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've read everything James Michner ever wrote...…….bought most of them at Goodwill...……….he teaches history using stories about people who lived through the times and how they lived...……….he won the Pulitzer prize for South Pacific...…...

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I've read everything James Michner ever wrote...…….bought most of them at Goodwill...……….he teaches history using stories about people who lived through the times and how they lived...……….he won the Pulitzer prize for South Pacific...…...
I had several of his books that I read while out at sea in the Navy, Tales of the South Pacific, The Covenant and Alaska. All great reads

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Undaunted Courage by Stephen E Ambrose.

Few Acres Of Snow: The Saga Of The French And Indian Wars by Robert Leckie

In Search Of Ice Age Americans by Kenneth Tankersley

Those will get you started, if you like American history.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I read Hawaii and knew more about their history when I lived there...………...than they did...…….

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm surrounded by about 500 books that I have read...……...never read on twice.....except the Bible...………..

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Really depends upon your interest. I really like most anything by Tom Clanceyand the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. I also like fantasy, sword and sorcerer type stuff. Try The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind or The Shannara series by Terry Brooks

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Spring Creek Chronicles I and II by Leo Lovell

Life Along The Apalachicola River by Jim McClellan (good friend of mine)

The Last River Rat by J Scott Bestul and Kenny Salwey

A Land Remembered by Patrick D Smith

Woodcraft And Camping by George W Sears (Nessmuk)

Hillbilly stalker

Where the Red Fern grows by Wilson Rawls. Anything about Ben Lilly...the last mountain man.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
On The Wild Edge: In Search Of A Natural Life

Heartsblood

Elkheart: A Personal Tribute to Wapiti and Their World

All by David Peterson