Good Eats

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
One of my favorite meals-marinated sauteed bambi tips with peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Smashed red taters and snowflake rolls. Was good.

deer-tips.jpg

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
It’s harder to look at your meal photos after I’ve decided to lose some weight. That doesn’t take away from the delicious looking meals.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It’s harder to look at your meal photos after I’ve decided to lose some weight. That doesn’t take away from the delicious looking meals.
Deer meat is fattening? News to me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Alton Brown would like to have a word with you regarding the title of your post...
Yeah, I guess I should have posted a 60-minute diatribe about the Maillard Reaction as it applies to cast iron and venison, and the molecular effects of Worcestershire and red wine vinegar and olive oil for marinating, and how boiling, then roasting taters breaks down the starches and causes crisp deliciousness, complete with pics of me looking into my fridge and singing puppets climbing in my window.

I like Alton Brown, even if I often disagree with him. :bounce:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Yeah, I guess I should have posted a 60-minute diatribe about the Maillard Reaction as it applies to cast iron and venison, and the molecular effects of Worcestershire and red wine vinegar and olive oil for marinating, and how boiling, then roasting taters breaks down the starches and causes crisp deliciousness, complete with pics of me looking into my fridge and singing puppets climbing in my window.

I like Alton Brown, even if I often disagree with him. :bounce:
Ikr ? When i watch him I’m like “ ok, get to cooking “

pop pop jones

I would honestly rather be dead than not eat taters and bread, also. I'm not kidding. Life would suck day after day.
That was exactly my thoughts, till I couldn't enjoy going hunting, fishing, or even throwing a baseball with my grandsons. My blood pressure was high enough to cause a stroke, like 380 over 200 high. You can rest assured, I'm not enjoying my meals anymore, but I did buy another bass boat cause I get to use one again. Keep in mind I didn't have this problem till I was around 63 to 66.