Good Material For Knapping

schleylures

I Have looked in several places for good knappimg material. I have brought home a lot ot stuff, looks like I will b e cutting grass around it the lady has put it every where so I want run over flowers.

So when I do find a good section I will be a napping fool. Playing with glass and some small pieces. have not give up yet thanks guys.

Nugefan

I Have looked in several places for good knappimg material. I have brought home a lot ot stuff, looks like I will b e cutting grass around it the lady has put it every where so I want run over flowers.

So when I do find a good section I will be a napping fool. Playing with glass and some small pieces. have not give up yet thanks guys.

small pieces will make yer fingers hurt .....:bounce:

worse than trying to play the guitar ....

Nugefan

:rolleyes:

:rofl:

Handgunner

Delt, how bad does the shipping charge tear ya up?
It's not too bad, he ships in a USPS flat-rate box.

Granted, it could be cheaper if you found it local, but I have to find any obsidian in Georgia. :bounce:

FVR

Knapp In

April 24 to 27
Exit 290 of I-75
Cartersville

I live one exit north, nanananaaaaaaaaa.

They usually have alot of good rock for sale, can get pretty good deals on it. Also they usually have atlatl stuff, alot of staves for bows, critter parts, soap stone, good food and it's right on Allatoona lake.

Go like you are heading to Allatoona Dam. Hope that's not profanity? Follow the signs.

Handgunner

Knapp In

April 24 to 27
Exit 290 of I-75
Cartersville

I live one exit north, nanananaaaaaaaaa.

They usually have alot of good rock for sale, can get pretty good deals on it. Also they usually have atlatl stuff, alot of staves for bows, critter parts, soap stone, good food and it's right on Allatoona lake.

Go like you are heading to Allatoona Dam. Hope that's not profanity? Follow the signs.
Ain't that off stamp creek?

I used to live in Canton and never knew about the knap-in's until just a year or so ago...

From what I understand, Craig will be there with some rock..

FVR

Stamp Creek is off exit, well actually both exits. I live off Stamp Creek, right across from Pine Log.

Easiest way to get thar, is exit 290, take a right at the Wendy's and go straight to the dam. You will see signs on your right, to take a left and it dead ends into the area.

Al33

I attended the one last year and look forward to this years event. Hope to see you there Frank.

243Savage

It's not too bad, he ships in a USPS flat-rate box.

Granted, it could be cheaper if you found it local, but I have to find any obsidian in Georgia. :bounce:

I might know where you can get a big chunk. :rolleyes:

But...like I told Muddyfoots...and I had to emphasize it with a :whip:...I ain't diggin through 5 feet of snow to get to it. :eek: I have to go outside of the park to get it when it thaws out a little here.

Handgunner

I might know where you can get a big chunk. :rolleyes:

But...like I told Muddyfoots...and I had to emphasize it with a :whip:...I ain't diggin through 5 feet of snow to get to it. :eek: I have to go outside of the park to get it when it thaws out a little here.
When it warms up, I would make it worth your while! ;)