good morning in clay county

sowega hunter

My 10 year old son and I went hunting this morning and he killed his first deer. It was a doe that went about 100 lbs. I don't know who was more proud. I think he's really got it now.

Lead Poison

You're the man for taking him with you today! Great job :clap:

Give us the details of him lowering the boom on the deer, gun & load, shot placement, tracking, his reaction etc.

sowega hunter

We were in planted pines that are about 2-3 years old on a food plot. At 7:15 4 does came out. I told him to shoot the biggest one. He made about a 75 yard perfect shot in the shoulder. He shoots a Model 7 youth in 243. The deer ran about 50 yards and we saw it go down. He got really excited when he saw her fall, hollering, she's down, she's down. I was really excited for him. He shot one last year in the same stand but we never found her. He also missed one opening day of this year. I also let him go when he wants to if he doesn't have something going on. He wants to go pretty often and probably will even more now.

gobblergitter

Great Job, Sowega! You are exactly right, he will want to go every chance he gets. My son killed 5 deer last year in his first year of hunting and now I can't leave the house without him. I wouldn't have it any other way. I suspect you will be the same way.

Latest posts