Goooobbbblleeeeee......

Arrow3

...obbbble.......obbblllleee...

I just needed to get that out of my system...

H

HT2

Cpa.....

Aw they just like shootin' "BIG CHICKENS"!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

H

HT2

T B.....

Yeah, and they don't go "GOBBLE-GOBBLE" either!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GobblingDawg

The world has only two kinds of people-- wannabes and turkey hunters. Which are you?!?!?

Fortunately, we can tell by everyone's response where they fit in.

:whip:

Go Dawgs and come on March,
GobblingDawg

Tom Borck

Banned
GobblingDawg said:
The world has only two kinds of people-- wannabes and turkey hunters. Which are you?!?!?

Fortunately, we can tell by everyone's response where they fit in.

:whip:

Go Dawgs and come on March,
GobblingDawg

Don't forget wannabe deer hunters. :whip: :D

I do enjoy getting out in the woods during the Spring!! Gives me some time to scout new areas and look for deer sheds. I carry a shotgun and a turkey call, but for some reason it has not turned me on like deer hunting. I think everytime I stepped in the woods I heard them gobble!! It certainly is a beautiful sound! Usually anywhere between 3-6 gobblers every morning. Just does not get me stirred up enough to be dedicated. Guess you could call me a shed hunting wannabe turkey hunter. Killed two gobblers, both 20 something lbs, one 10 in. beard and 11 in. beard.

Turkey meat is some of the best tasting I have ever eaten!! Made some turkey salad out of the dark meat last year....mmmmmmmmmm.....good!

Looking forward to this season.

Jody Hawk

GobblingDawg said:
The world has only two kinds of people-- wannabes and turkey hunters.

I always wondered why Ole Tim didn't like turkey hunting but he was always lurking around this here turkey forum !!! :bounce:

H

HT2

Jody.....

Jody Hawk said:
I always wondered why Ole Tim didn't like turkey hunting but he was always lurking around this here turkey forum !!! :bounce:

Just tryin' to stir up some controversy......... :D :D

You know me..... :p :p

Seriously though......As I've stated before.........Different Strokes for Different folks......

I've tried turkey huntin' and I've sat and watched somebody call them in......I've sat in the stand while deer huntin' and watch them for I don't know how long.......As a matter of fact I heard a bunch of them roostin' on Thursday afternoon.......

And they just don't do nothin' for me.........I mean, they don't even get my heart a pumpin' fast.......I mean, if'n they wuz to get my heart a pumpin' like them bucks do......Then I'd seriously be out huntin' them......

It just ain't my thang......

But, it's good that people like you, Brandon, and Gobblinpup like 'em......That way we don't have an over abundance of them..... :D :D

C

Cward

Yelp Yelp Yelp Yelp, CUTT! CUTT! CUTT!,Yelp Yelp. Ahhhh, that's better! :D :D :D

Outdoor-Writer07

The Fever...

Kinda crisp morning just right before sunrise and your getting ready to hear that first gobble. You roll out that first call on your barred owl hooter and GOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBLEEEEE. Man, he's gotta be less than 100 yds down that ole logging road.... C'mon on March!!!!

Goose

It's all about perspective

This deer-hunter vs. turkey-hunter thing seems to boil down to perspective. It seems to depend on whether you like sittin' or huntin'. If I want to sit, I got a nice recliner in my living room and I can look at these big boys all day long (see attachment of my living room wall), but if I want to hunt, I shoulder my 12 ga. and hit the spring woods in hot pursuit of a longbeard.

Yeah, I wish deer were more challenging and intimidating to hunt, but they just aren't.

:D
Goose

P. S. Isn't it ironic that I watch turkey-hunting videos with those boys on the wall behind the tv. I don't think I've ever watched a deer-hunting video.

Attachments

• 000_0029.jpg
    000_0029.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 146

Carp

I deer hunt in the fall. After I get beat down and exhausted from that and recuperate a couple of months I start to get fired up for turkey season. It's an endless cycle. I love them both! :flag: