Goose Nuggets

gtmcwhorter

In a desire to eat a little healthier the Mrs and I decided to buy an air fryer. Tonight I used it to make goose nuggets As discussed in a previous post I’m an avid waterfowl hunter so I’m constantly trying new ways to get my wife and kids to eat fowl. We told our 8 year old these were “steak” nuggets like they serve at her school. I thought they were ok, my wife and daughters didn’t care for them. Win some you lose some I reckon. I will probably cook them 25% shorter time next go round.

Attachments

• 6C324709-9855-4530-BC9C-DECD5DC6EB01.jpeg
    6C324709-9855-4530-BC9C-DECD5DC6EB01.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 55

ambush80

In a desire to eat a little healthier the Mrs and I decided to buy an air fryer. Tonight I used it to make goose nuggets As discussed in a previous post I’m an avid waterfowl hunter so I’m constantly trying new ways to get my wife and kids to eat fowl. We told our 8 year old these were “steak” nuggets like they serve at her school. I thought they were ok, my wife and daughters didn’t care for them. Win some you lose some I reckon. I will probably cook them 25% shorter time next go round.

Great idea. I wish I could try some. Guess I gotta figure out how to kill a goose. What did they not like about them?

gtmcwhorter

My wife said they were too gamey. She doesn’t like anything with even a remotely game taste. They were slightly over cooked so that didn’t help that. Was trying to find right balance of crispyness but still being medium rare like we like goose. I think they’ll be better next go round

ambush80

My wife said they were too gamey. She doesn’t like anything with even a remotely game taste. They were slightly over cooked so that didn’t help that. Was trying to find right balance of crispyness but still being medium rare like we like goose. I think they’ll be better next go round

You'll get it sorted out. Great reason to go get some more

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have never ate a bite of goose in my life that I thought actually tasted good, and I've tried them all kinds of ways. I'm beginning to suspect that they are basically like the lizards that Crocodile Dundee talked about. :)

gtmcwhorter

I have never ate a bite of goose in my life that I thought actually tasted good, and I've tried them all kinds of ways. I'm beginning to suspect that they are basically like the lizards that Crocodile Dundee talked about. :)
I’ve made them like pot roast for years and no one has ever known it was goose. Everyone loves it

Sweet talker

Before you fry them take them and soak them in milk for almost 24 hours. It takes the gamey taste out of them and makes them a little bit more tender.

Latest posts