got it planted, where is da rain??

nrh0011

Planted about 2.5 acres of corn last weekend and close to 2 acres of sunflowers. Now it ain't gonna rain for a month facepalm: . First time using my JD 7100, and I am excited to see the results. Pic below is just one of the plots.

Attachments

• corn plot.jpg
    corn plot.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 678

ucfireman

Sure is pretty dirt.
It does seem like the faucet was shut off quickly and went from late winter to summer.
Hopefully it does well. I have a field that's mostly clover and weeds that I need to cut but want to wait until rain is forecast so it will bounce back.

shdw633

I planted the last weekend of April and got it in just before that heavy downpour on that Sunday and Monday but ain't seen a drop since. I am hoping to get some this weekend.

nrh0011

I planted the last weekend of April and got it in just before that heavy downpour on that Sunday and Monday but ain't seen a drop since. I am hoping to get some this weekend.

Buddy of mine was lucky enough to do the same thing.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
I just started planting today in Missouri, but I'll be coming to ga this weekend so maybe I'll bring some back with me.

You do get around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not seeing any significant chance of rain here, for at least a week.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
You jinxed the food plot by not doing a proper rain dance when you planted.:bounce:::ke::rofl::rofl:

livetohunt

Looks like it could be a hot and dry summer in Georgia. Drought seems to be the normal now for Georgia during summer and fall.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You jinxed the food plot by not doing a proper rain dance when you planted.:bounce:::ke::rofl::rofl:

It's my fault, not his. I got one of those 300 gal plastic vegetable oil tanks I use to collect rain water to use for spraying etc. It's been more than full for weeks on end. 4 weeks ago I opened the valve to drain some water off in anticipation of more rain. Forgot to come back and close the valve. Planned on doing some mowing and spraying last weekend. RONG! The tank is bone dry.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
It's my fault, not his. I got one of those 300 gal plastic vegetable oil tanks I use to collect rain water to use for spraying etc. It's been more than full for weeks on end. 4 weeks ago I opened the valve to drain some water off in anticipation of more rain. Forgot to come back and close the valve. Planned on doing some mowing and spraying last weekend. RONG! The tank is bone dry.
OUCH!!!You can come by and get some water at my place if you need to.

shdw633

Based on what I am seeing in the ten day forecasts, your barrel should be filling up quite nicely next week.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Got some nice scattered rain , heavy in spots in Troup co yesterday , maybe your drums got replenished Elfi !