Got meat this morning

Worlldbeater

Got lucky and got my second turkey this morning. I got to the place he had been roosting before daylight only to find he was 500 yards away. I got set up about 150 or so yards away and got an answer to a light tree cluck. After fly down he answered my clucks several times. And then shut up for 45 minutes. I had all but decided to go to another turkey gobbling 400 yards or so behind me when he answered me again. When he came on in he had a hen running lookout for him and I like to have never got my gun up and on him. I shot him at 37 yards. 10 inch beard and 3/4 in spurs. Called him in with a Neil Cost Gob-El-R box call and shot him with my Valmet 412 12 gauge with #6 Long Beard 3 in shell. Lesson learned: be patient.

Attachments

• 2018 turkey.jpg
    2018 turkey.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 855

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Congrats. Yeah patience works. Took 2 and 1/2 hours to get the last one in last year, and he was standing at 150 yards the whole time. Sometimes you gotta fire the hens up, he's only being towed around.

turkeyman55

Osceola

Osceola saw or heard no toms un till i went to truck to leave three toms saw me i called them here the come ps why i missed my shotgun is old with open in the choke i left my 12 turkey choke big mistake i experience tom fever

Attachments

• llllllllllllllllllllllllllll.jpg
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllll.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 377

Latest posts