Got my cannon in.

ringorock

Ah, here it is in all its greatness... NOT. My Ruger American Magnum in GoWild camo and 300 winnie. It's like a poor man's Browning Hells Canyon, and it doesn't hide that fact. The rifle is beautiful, but the machining is god awful, particularly the action. The bolt has rough machining marks all over it. It also didn't fail to make the signature RA sound when engaging the bolt. Worst part is when you lock the bolt down it sounds like a ratchet being turnt.

The finish on the cerakote was also imperfect. The handle had some marks absent of finish. Hmm. Have some self respect, Ruger.

There are some redeeming qualities. The trigger is fantastic. The barrel is heavy. The rifle is better balanced than an Xbolt long range. The picatinny rail was a nice addition. And believe this! The stock isn't bad. It's no worse or better than my t3x stock. The rifle looks great, minus some finish issues, and the muzzle break looks great in person. I thought it looked oversized in pictures and silly when I bought it online.

So... no range report... yet. I went to two ranges today, and all the rifle lanes were either broken or taken a minute before I got there. I took it as some higher up telling me to go home.

In the spirit of keeping a cheap rifle cheap, I threw on Leupold Rifleman rings, a CV Life bipod, and a Vortex Viper 2.5x10 (not so cheap).

Would I recommend this rifle? If it shoots sub moa, then heck yes for $500. If not, I'll let Hollywood use it to make ratchet sound effects in movies.

I'll keep y'all posted after a range session.

20191011_153603.jpg

FOLES55

Those are some pretty bed sheets you got yourself! :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to the range report.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I just want that hamburger in your avatar. I've been staring at it in a trance-like state for about five minutes.

For what it's worth, I've owned a lot of Ruger firearms over the years. Never a one of them that I didn't like. I've got an old tang-safety M77 in .300WM that is ugly as homemade sin, but it will honestly shoot sub MOA with the right ammo.

ringorock

I just want that hamburger in your avatar. I've been staring at it in a trance-like state for about five minutes.

For what it's worth, I've owned a lot of Ruger firearms over the years. Never a one of them that I didn't like. I've got an old tang-safety M77 in .300WM that is ugly as homemade sin, but it will honestly shoot sub MOA with the right ammo.

It was the best burger I ever had, and I'm careful about calories. That's a Krispy Kreme in the middle. Haha

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It was the best burger I ever had, and I'm careful about calories. That's a Krispy Kreme in the middle. Haha
Where did you get it?

FOLES55

Hillbilly is a burger lover no doubt. He has ruined me several times in Paymasters!

JeffinPTC

Tried some 208 Hornady amax in my wby Sporter 300 win mag this afternoon. Touching holes at 100 yards. Now I'll have to buy the eld-x for hunting. My Sierra 165 gk were about 1.5".

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Right in your neck of the woods. Monster Mash Burgers in Sevierville. You're in the smokeys area, right?
Yeah, on the NC side near Maggie Valley/Cherokee. Sevierville is about 1 1/2 hours away. Next time I'm over there, I'll have to check that place out.