Got some scans done.

lbzdually

Banned
Moved to the 9th. I have been trying to get everything done before the surgery and it has nearly done me in.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Moved to the 9th. I have been trying to get everything done before the surgery and it has nearly done me in.
Its not easy getting ready for surgery. Hope all goes well for you and this fixes your pain.Living with pain is not fun.

lbzdually

Banned
I made it out alive. Still hurting, can't find a comfortable position to sit or sleep. Strength in left hand is already better about squeezing, but I am not testing anything else until Dr. releases me to. Don't think I will be able to bowhunt unless I can find a way to cock a crossbow.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Been watching this and pulling for you.
I've got issues of my own that need further looking into. My issues are not Orthopedic but major organs. Scary at 60...

Cobra

Getting old sometimes has issues of it's own. Pulling for you and Dually
I've got issues of my own that need further looking into. My issues are not Orthopedic but major organs. Scary at 60...

lbzdually

Banned
I'm on the down swing again. It seems like every little thing can set it off. I'm drilling some holes in my table saw legs to mount push mower wheels so I can move it easier once I'm healed up and I pushed too hard or the wrong way, idk which, and I could not go to sleep until 3 this morning because of pain. A buddy of mine got me tickets to UGA/MTSU and I'm going if the Lord is willing and the Creek don't rise. I do not regret having this surgery, as it's only been 3 weeks tomorrow and based on what the surgeon found, I could have been looking at paralysis if I fell the wrong way. If I have to lvve with pain the rest of my life I will deal with it

Capt Quirk

I have to ask, where is the stabbing pain in your shoulder? I also have an icepick in my shoulder, and all I get is a blank stare and a shrug... And of course, a bill.

Capt Quirk

I have to ask, where is the stabbing pain in your shoulder? I also have an icepick in my shoulder, and all I get is a blank stare and a shrug... And of course, a bill.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Take care of yourself.

Now I have to know what sort of project a man three weeks after MAJOR surgery needs a table saw for???

lbzdually

Banned

Before the surgery, it was in my left shoulder only right around the joint. Now I have added pain in my right shoulder about 2 inches from the base of my neck.

lbzdually

Banned
Take care of yourself.

Now I have to know what sort of project a man three weeks after MAJOR surgery needs a table saw for???

To finish some toy boxes my Dad started many years ago before his RA got so bad he couldn't finish it. It was not a smart move on my part. I'm having to type a word or two, then grab my right shoulder and massage it, then type some more, so I am done on the computer for the night.

lbzdually

Banned
I swear I am Cousin Eddie's little girl from Christmas Vacation. My neck has really been hurting the past week. Yesterday, I got up early yesterday morning to get a drink of water and meds and was headed back to bed and I tripped and started to fall. I did not have my neck brace on, so when I used my whole body to catch myself, my neck popped. It sounded like a pencil breaking. I got an instant headache, so I just laid back down as easily as a I could, then slept in until 10 or so. When I got up, I felt so much better than last week. Neck pain was almost gone completely. I was so happy, I Really wanted to cry. Last night the pain came back in full force out of nowhere. Dang it.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
So how is the shoulder now???

1eyefishing

So, some of my issues turned out to be orthopedic also...
I don't think I'll do this again...

1eyefishing

Total replacement last Tuesday morning...
They sawed off the top of the tibia and drilled a hole in it that would accept a titanium plate with a stud in it. After it is hammered in they put about a half inch layer of a Teflon like material over it. The fibia was shaved down plumb on the front and level on the bottom with a 45 degree angle between to accept the upper ball shaped surface. Back of the knee cap also surgically smoothed.
No way I realized the pain involved with the recovery...
Working slowly, and not trying to look for miracles, but dang...

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Narcotics are your friend ?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
So how are you making it today 1eye?

Old Winchesters

X-ray, CT, MRI, nerve conduction. I've been having migraines since I was less than 6 years old, but brain scan still didn't give them clue as to why. My neck and left shoulder have also been giving me lots of issues with numbness, weakness ad pain. Turns out I have a partially torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder that I just had surgery on Feb 2017. The worst issue is the disk in my neck that is herniated and protruding significantly and impinging nerves that lead to my left shoulder and chest. Basically it feels like someone is jabbing an icepick in my shoulder while someone is sitting on my chest all the time. Nerve conduction confirmed what I was feeling. Know all this, would you guys get the neck fixed first, then baby the shoulder until neck is healed, or fix shoulder? I know it sounds weird, but I am glad they found something wrong. For years, I have been hurting and no one has seemed that interested in finding a solution or cause. Now there is a smoking gun, something to fight or fix.
Get the spinal fusion (disc in neck) I knew the second I woke up they fixed the problem. I went to doc for shoulder issues turned out to be the neck disc causing pain in several areas. I would do it again...