Grady/Thomas County

catch22

any updates on rut activity in Thomas? Finally able to do some hunting over the next several weekends

Haven't had a chance to get out and look for any scrapes. Got a picture 2 days ago of a couple young bucks play sparring. Had a nice 8pt on camera last night that had a very swollen neck.

Checked my camera at lunch. Been having 15-20 deer on my plot all at night lately. Only 1 doe and 1 buck on there last night. The 8pt I have been getting pics of was out there at 11:30 this morning. First daylight pics of anything in 3 weeks.

Thread starter #46
Let a very nice 3.5 year old 8 walk this afternoon. He was on his feet early feeding after getting pounded by the rain for the last 2 days I assume. Had a couple does out in the plot and he didn’t pay them any mind. Probably still a couple weeks out

Thread starter #49
I killed a nice mature 10 point this morning at 9:05. He was chasing a doe hard. Weighed in @ 197lbs. I think this front will be the one you guys in Grady county have been looking for to kickstart things.

catch22

I killed a nice mature 10 point this morning at 9:05. He was chasing a doe hard. Weighed in @ 197lbs. I think this front will be the one you guys in Grady county have been looking for to kickstart things.
any pics? Congrats on your buck!

jimbar

I hunted Friday and Saturday in Reno, saw a button Friday evening and a small 4pt Saturday evening. 4 or 5 scrapes were freshened up between Friday mornings rain and Saturday morning

Last edited: