Grady/Thomas County

tvillenole

If the weatherman don't change his mind looks like we got some cold weather coming next week. Hopefully it will get them up and movin.

catch22

any updates on rut activity in Thomas? Finally able to do some hunting over the next several weekends

tvillenole

Haven't had a chance to get out and look for any scrapes. Got a picture 2 days ago of a couple young bucks play sparring. Had a nice 8pt on camera last night that had a very swollen neck.

tvillenole

Checked my camera at lunch. Been having 15-20 deer on my plot all at night lately. Only 1 doe and 1 buck on there last night. The 8pt I have been getting pics of was out there at 11:30 this morning. First daylight pics of anything in 3 weeks.

southGAlefty

Let a very nice 3.5 year old 8 walk this afternoon. He was on his feet early feeding after getting pounded by the rain for the last 2 days I assume. Had a couple does out in the plot and he didn’t pay them any mind. Probably still a couple weeks out

tvillenole

I hope its still a couple weeks out. My hunting land is under water and will probably take that long to dry out.

southGAlefty

I killed a nice mature 10 point this morning at 9:05. He was chasing a doe hard. Weighed in @ 197lbs. I think this front will be the one you guys in Grady county have been looking for to kickstart things.

jimbar

I hunted Friday and Saturday in Reno, saw a button Friday evening and a small 4pt Saturday evening. 4 or 5 scrapes were freshened up between Friday mornings rain and Saturday morning

Last edited:

jimbar

I'm seeing a lot of scrapes on our property in Thomas County but I don't think the ladies are ready yet

catch22

I'm seeing a lot of scrapes on our property in Thomas County but I don't think the ladies are ready yet

I think your right. Next couple of weeks ought to be heating up. I saw a doe and yearling last night and nothing was behind them.

R and D

Does are still bunched up from what I am seeing...young bucks chasing some...First of Dec always seems to be prime where I hunt.