Granny’s Cooking

Washtub

Went to visit my Granny and this is what she made. There’s not a restaurant in the world that can fix a meal as good as this. Country fried steak and gravy over rice, butter beans, squash casserole, okra, maters, deviled eggs. Only thing I didn’t get in the picture was the biscuit used to push everything onto my fork.16A48F68-29EC-4945-B6A7-8AFCBFBB1210.jpeg

naildrvr

Ooohhhhhhh yeah!!!!! I remember sitting at my granny's table many a day working on a plate just like that. Granny passed away in 2000 but I can still taste her cooking. You could always count on something being on her table under that white sheet, even if it wasn't nothing but a pan of biscuits and Country Ham. Cherish every meal that you can get from your Granny!!! I wish I could have just one more plate of food off my granny's table!

Dub

Amazing !!! You have gotta love meals like those.

We were certainly blessed there by knowing our Grandmother's cooking. Both mine were excellent cooks.

Duff

Eating at my wife’s grandmothers is the same way. Looks amazing!!

Oldstick

Good gosh, brings back memories. There are not too many granny's left that will fix meals like that. Even those of us who are grandpas today don't get meals like that but once or twice a year. :clap:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh Man Yeeeeeeeah!!!!!

Jim Baker

Staff member
Went to visit my Granny and this is what she made. There’s not a restaurant in the world that can fix a meal as good as this. Country fried steak and gravy over rice, butter beans, squash casserole, okra, maters, deviled eggs. Only thing I didn’t get in the picture was the biscuit used to push everything onto my fork.View attachment 947682

That looks good. Reminds me of a plate from a "dinner on the Grounds"

cjones

Mercy! I miss my Granny. I would get off the bus at her house after school and she would have an 'after school snack' ready for me which was actually a plate of leftovers from dinner that day - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, butter peas, cream corn, etc. etc.. and ALWAYS cornbread and sweet tea. It's a wonder that I didn't weigh 300 lbs by the time I graduated high school, but back then we always worked it off - no matter how old you were.

That's a great looking plate! Get any recipes or notes that you can! All of us grandkids regret not getting Granny's cornbread recipe.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Grannies know how to cook. That is a fine looking plate of food right now. I remember eating at my Grannies. She used a lot of salt and a lot of lard, a lot of fresh churned butter, and she left us at the age of 104.