Gray Fox down.

chrislibby88

I’ve been watching two foxes on my land since summer just waiting for them to come into season. The past few weeks they have been running all over my property in the mornings screaming and barking. Finally got a shot at one a few mornings ago. It was the male. The female is still out there.
He’s a pretty interesting guy. His right leg only has one middle toe, and the forearm is about half the length of the other arm. Guessing he injured it early in life and it stunted the growth. He ran around like normal, and I had no idea until I was carrying him back home.

Side note, has anyone eaten fox? I’m keeping this one whole for the taxidermist, but I may try and pull some meat off the female if I can get her too.

Attachments

• 8C6463D0-EA3F-4312-BD71-9536CA931F4C.jpeg
    8C6463D0-EA3F-4312-BD71-9536CA931F4C.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 30E19384-3510-4352-8708-D791F8BA7E25.jpeg
    30E19384-3510-4352-8708-D791F8BA7E25.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 0048C44A-5091-494C-B402-C7F78EA29418.jpeg
    0048C44A-5091-494C-B402-C7F78EA29418.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 98

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Ain't never ate a fox before.

chrislibby88

Thems pretty. They sure eat a lot of mice and moles. It’s handy to have some around.
We are about to get chickens, so they are gonna have to go at some point. I like rabbit hunting too. Come to think of it I haven’t been seeing rabbits like normal.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Got one in backyard I see at night out in dog run area. Not going to eat something that eats dog poop

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That will make a nice mount!

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Nice! I've never ate one but the meat looks good and lean. They will wreck havoc on some chickens and any other birds nest they can get to.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Hillbilly stalker

Ha ! Ha ! If y'all ever been in a turkey barn like they have around here....you would never eat another bite of turkey either.

Big7

The Oracle
Pretty little guy. That will make a beautiful mount.

I don't shoot fox. It could just be me. Around here they a fairly scarce.

I do kill every coyote I see if I'm not on a deer.
Those things wreak havoc on all sorts of game, especially Turkey and Quail nest'.

Anyhooo.. Good job on the shot.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I was referring to eating a fox that’s keeping my dog run cleaned. I know I probably wasn’t very clear on that. A chicken is a nasty bird coming out of the houses. Free range isn’t nearly as bad.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I was referring to eating a fox that’s keeping my dog run cleaned. I know I probably wasn’t very clear on that. A chicken is a nasty bird coming out of the houses. Free range isn’t nearly as bad.[/QUOTE
it's ok. I think the point is everything we eat has et some poo at some point just to see where it came from or what it is

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Cool little animals , congrats ! I see a couple in my yard feeding around where I feed the deer , never thought about killing them or eating one , if u try it let us know how it is ! Will make a beautiful mount