Great guides on area lakes?

GeauxLSU

OK, I'm way overdue to book a guide trip and want to know who you guys have used and are happy with and what lake(s) they fish.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

QuakerBoy

Jim Thompson said:
I have never used Aaron, but hear great things about his service on Lake Oconee. He also gives a discount of sorts to Woodys members.

http://www.fishoconee.com/

Jim

And Aaron is a real nice guy.....an added bonus

Perry Hayes

I have fished with Ron Savage on West Point several times and we have always caught bass.He will only use artifical bait however.I fished with Tommy
Mike one time,his boat broke down and he still charged full price.The steering
cable broke way up in the river and we steered the 150 with a rope back to his house.We gave him $700 dollars he gave us 6 fish and a teeshirt.

Randy

I recommend Aaron as well for Oconee or Jackson.

I also enjoyed fishing with and caught a lot of fish with Ron Savage on West Point.

TurkeyCreek

Yep, I also recommend Aaron. My son and I went out with him last year on Oconee. Some of the worst conditions for bass fishing. Was early August to begin with, which is tough for bass. But then the weather turned out to be awful, unusually cold and very windy.

But Aaron put us on some fish and we ended up having a great time and learning a few things about fishing there.

specialk

tommie mike on west point for largemouth/hybrids
doug youngblood on lanier for stripers

have used them both one time each as a fathers day gift to my dad. each trip sucessful, fun, and informative....

todd pursley

If your are interestd in a trip to west point please call around to some of the marinas on the lake and ask for advice on which guide to use. there are couple of real crooks on the lake. I have some tips when booking never book with a man who has to advertise. just as always there might be a couple of exceptions but this is a good rule to follow. I work part time as a guide on west point and I would recomend herschoul calhoun. He is the best on the lake and his cooler shows it at the end of the day. He taught me how to fish with live bait.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
For West Point I would agree with fish2214. Although I have never used a guide, I have seen on the water what Herschel can do.

aaron batson

Thanks for all the nice complements guys. Hope to take more Woodys memebers out this year.
Phil - get with me and we will go - the bite is good on Oconee right now. I have very few full days available in May and still have the 30th of this month open. Also doing a lot of evening trips (half day trips)- from 5 pm til dark, this bite is normally best in the summer.

Anybody interested let me know.

SWAMPFOX

How much $$$ does it cost for a full day and half day? Just a guesstimate. And what about tipping? Have never used a guide and don't know the etiguette. Thanks.

aaron batson

SF -
I personally charge 300$ for a full day and 225$ for a half day trip. Tipping is appreciated - but not expected. I do find that most people are generous in their tipping. Especially after a good day.

Kdog

Logan offers guided trips on his private pond. $50 per day, $30 1/2 day, you supply all of your gear/tackle.

He can only do afternoon trips at this time since he is still in school and has soccer on Saturday's. No Sunday trips.

All fish below 3 and over 15#'s may be kept.

Pictures and references available upon request.

Kdog

Attachments

• Logan 1rst trout 2.jpg
    Logan 1rst trout 2.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 17,861
  • Logan 7.jpg
    Logan 7.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 17,591
Last edited:

GeauxLSU

Reference #1.

Kdog said:
Logan offers guided trips on his private pond. $50 per day, $30 1/2 day, you supply all of your gear/tackle.

He can only do afternoon trips at this time since he is still in school and has soccer on Saturday's. No Sunday trips.

All fish below 3 and over 15#'s may be kept.

Pictures and references available upon request.

Kdog
:rofl:
That boy can most CERTAINLY fish!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Pappy

Ryan Coleman on Lake Lanier specializes in spotted bass on Lanier. Ive used him twice. Best in my book for Big Syd!

bradpatt03

as far as bass- my dad's always been my guide...he's free and he puts me on em EVERY TIME. it never ceases to amaze me.