Great guides on area lakes?

Jasper

loouuii said:
How much did it weigh?

Loouuii,

It was 5 pounds.........

Researcher, yes he was one happy kid! Just put a fishing pole in his hand and he starts grinning! :D

KillABiggin

Lineside said:
I was out with Robert Eidson (First Bite Guide Service) last saturday and here is a triple we had. The Big Striper went just over 30 and the spot was around 5 or 6 lbs (we didnt weigh the spot). Not sure how many fish we had but we got alot. Would recommend him any day of the week. Great for family trips also. He can be reached at 770-827-6282 or at www.firstbiteguideservice.com I hope I can get the pic on here. Tight lines

I would agree, my son (T3), my brother and father-in-law had a great time with Robert. He definitely loves what he does and know how to do it!!!!

marknga

GONetwork Member
I will be going with Joey Mines over at West Point in a couple of weeks. Have never been fishing with a guide before but am looking forward to it. Some of my co-workers went 2 weeks ago and had a blast!

http://www.joeymines.com/guide.htm

Mark

stev

Banned
GeauxLSU said:
OK, I'm way overdue to book a guide trip and want to know who you guys have used and are happy with and what lake(s) they fish.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil
If ya want a good day with spots Ryan coleman is the best man for that Top notch guide ..770-356-4136

Last edited:

skaughty

another Robert Eidson reccomendation

My brother, sister-in-law and I went out with Robert on consecutive mornings (Lanier one day, Allatoona the next). He loves what he does (Harold Nash - are you listening?). He spent significant time on the phone planning our time. His flexibility allowed us to cast for spots, while slow trolling live bait for stripers and/or hybrids.
He consistently put us on fish and we managed a 15 lb striper and many spots and hybrids.

He mixes a sense of humor with a great confidence in himself, which is contagious and encouraging to those of us that like to chuck n' wind all day.

Contact him via www.firstbiteguideservice.com or 770-827-6282

bassrus

Local Guides

I have fished with Randall Kirkpatrick on the small lakes in the Atlanta area (Smith, Sweetwater Creek SP, Varner, etc) and he is great for information and large bass.

Matt Driver at mattdriverfishing.com is also an excellent choice for lakes like Allatoona, Logan Martin and West Point. Matt specializes in finesse fishing and will help put several fish in the boat on most trips.

jcarter

Banned
i didnt see anybody mention a guide for carters lake....whats up with that ?:rofl:

Clark10

Going to use a guide on Lanier in August (I know not optimum time for Stripers) but was wondering if there are any guides that do both Stripers and if you are not on them than other types of Bass. Has anyone ever used Shane Watson.

For you fly fisherman or those wanting to learn, Kent Edmonds guides at Calloway Gardens, the Flint, and the lower Hooch for a variety of warm water fish. He is an excellent teacher and is super with novices. If you've been interested in learning to fly fish or you've been fly fishing for a while, but never caught a striper or hybrid on one, Kent would be a great choice.

Poor Poor Fisherman

Best Guides on Lanier

For my money on Lanier (and I have spent plenty on guides):

Go with Greg Robinson for Stripers.

If you want Spots, you gotta go with the best and that's Ryan Coleman.

Poor Poor Fisheman

Mike1010

i didnt check to see if any one had said his name, but Randall Kirkpatrick is a great guide on smaller ponds/lakes. He's at Fish Atlanta Guide Service

charliecfh

Mack Farr is awesome on Lanier. He's a super nice dude and worth going out with. I've also heard good things about Jerry Hester and Doug Youngblood. But Captain Mack is the only guide I've ever been out with in Georgia. About 10 years ago I went out with a guy named Leon Weaver on Lake Seminole, who put us on some fish. He was out of Wingate's place, but I don't know if he is still around.
I usually get guides in Florida, on my first full day down so I can determine what is going on. It's hit or miss down there. I've had good ones, and I've had bad ones. But I hear never go to Roland's place on Lake Okeechobee. Everyone in Florida hates him, describing him as nothing but a jerk. My pa had a run in with him in the 80s when he stayed at his place, and ended up getting kicked out for refusing to release a 9lb and 11lb bass. Plus Roland considered him to be poor whitetrash, because he had a tent to sleep in. His campsites are concrete with RV hookups, and apparently "poor people" aren't welcome.

L

loouuii

Mack Farr is awesome on Lanier. He's a super nice dude and worth going out with. I've also heard good things about Jerry Hester and Doug Youngblood. But Captain Mack is the only guide I've ever been out with in Georgia. About 10 years ago I went out with a guy named Leon Weaver on Lake Seminole, who put us on some fish. He was out of Wingate's place, but I don't know if he is still around.
I usually get guides in Florida, on my first full day down so I can determine what is going on. It's hit or miss down there. I've had good ones, and I've had bad ones. But I hear never go to Roland's place on Lake Okeechobee. Everyone in Florida hates him, describing him as nothing but a jerk. My pa had a run in with him in the 80s when he stayed at his place, and ended up getting kicked out for refusing to release a 9lb and 11lb bass. Plus Roland considered him to be poor whitetrash, because he had a tent to sleep in. His campsites are concrete with RV hookups, and apparently "poor people" aren't welcome.

Roland turned his marina over to his son years ago. I fished with one of his guides twice and had a ball. His guides don't care much for him either. They call him the movie star....

charliecfh

That's good to hear about Roland's place. I've heard nice things about his son, apparently he is nothing like his father.

So did you do any good on the Big O? That lake blew my mind when I went. Everybody should go at least once in their lifetime. I took this pic when we went out in the open water:

Attachments

• lake%20okeechobee%20123.jpg
    lake%20okeechobee%20123.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 4,721
L

loouuii

Big O

Caught a bunch the first trip, went the next year and caught over 200.

Reel Time

Guide

Capt. Clay Cunningham Catching not Fishing Guide Service. I have known Clay for several years he is a great guide, but a better person. He knows Stripers and he knows Lanier.

Emmersom Biggens

My votes for Captain Rob Eidson, he's full of knowledge about stripers and hybrids. We had a horrible day weatherwise and still ended up catching some good fish. He loves kids too. His boat is very kid friendly. I will use him again, soon.