Greenhorn

Tree cutter get you a good shooting glove or tab and find a good anchor point ( corner of your mouth , jaw bone ) something that you can anchor to Everytime and have fun . When the target starts getting boring go chase some squirrels in the yard and you will feel like a kid again.

tree cutter 08

I order a finger glove last night so hopefully that will help. Was hoping to do without but looking like I'm going to need it. Definitely different since I've been use to pulling a trigger.

strothershwacker

Mine came today. Shot it bout 2 dozen times in the pouring rain. Man what fun! My shooting was better than I expected. I love the light weight simplicity of it. Faster and quieter than I expected. I'll decide on glove or tab later. Today I just used an old TIG glove I had in the truck. It's early to say but I may be trad fer life!

oldguy

Don't mean to hijack but I'm a greenhorn as well. Shot mine for the first time this evening and what a blast! Any tips as far as form? I was surprised at the accuracy. I could group several into a baseball at 12 yards of so then would be all over the target. Back up to 20 yards and group a few like a compound then nearly miss the whole target. Fingers were getting tender so I quit.
I'm new to this game as well (2 years in). I'm just repeating what I've read many times as advice to newbies - don't worry so much about accuracy at first, just concentrate on form. With all the different forums, books, and youtube stuff available, it's not hard to find info. Again, I'd recommend attending the monthly shoots at Ellaville and Culloden. Great folks to be around and shortens the learning curve. This may seem obvious but performance enhances confidence and confidence enhances performance. Have fun!

oldguy

If you guys are interested a great source of information is the Trad Gang site. As applies to this topic "click on" The Shooters Form Board. Then "click on" the thread Aiming Method. Check out "moebow"/ Arne's advice.
Good luck with your shooting!