Gsmnp NC

Thread starter #21
Not really, I caught 3 or 4 and missed another 3 or 4 each day. All were around 8". Streams were still a little high as you suggested. Fished with dry's for a while with just a few small ones hitting. Rainbow colored small top nymph had the most hits.

Of course, I met a guy fishing about 2 miles up that said he caught 20 the day before!!
You could tell he knew what he was doing but I think he was high and confusing his days!!! lol.

Those couple cold nights combined with the high water probably didn't help. It was 31 here Tuesday morning.

Those couple cold nights combined with the high water probably didn't help. It was 31 here Tuesday morning.
Just saw where Elkmont was evacuated due to flooding. That's a lot of displaced campers on Easter weekend.

I guess that's better than their Subaru winding up down river somewhere around Knoxville.

Just saw where Elkmont was evacuated due to flooding. That's a lot of displaced campers on Easter weekend.

I guess that's better than their Subaru winding up down river somewhere around Knoxville.
I was down on Big Creek today. It's about as high as I've ever seen it. Out in the woods.

Thread starter #25
Action finally picking up in the park this week!!! Lots of fisherman
first mile. No one past the three mile mark:)). Mainly nymphing.
Btw, I was around 2500' and wet waded the last day.

Last edited: