Gun oil

WGSNewnan

Do yourself a favor and use a time proven lubricant like clp or ballistol. Both are true synthetic lubes - primarily PAO. no need to recreate the wheel.

Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

Hard to beat good old Marvel Mystery Oil. Buy anywhere, protects well, last forever. Made for machinery.

cloudwarmer

Slip 2000 reminds me of LSA, so I use it on AR. Liberally. On the bolt actions, I like whatever is handy on the bench. Sparingly. Except the bolt lugs. Just a dab of Red machine grease there. Barrels get a pass through with Hoppe's #9. I like the smell. Reminds me of my first .22, Christmas present sixty-something years ago.

Big7

The Oracle
This is what you want.

http://www.kanolabs.com/

By far the best detergent and lube.

The shear vector is like wheel grease without the goo
and will dry in a few hours.

Clean and lube.

What more could you want?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Anyone ever use the Lucas gun oil? I just got a small pouch of it. Haven't tried it yet.

I read some recommendations and purchased Royal Purple in a small spray can. Excellent stuff in my opinion. On trips I bring a small bottle of Ed's Red.

ByrdDog76

I use Kroil every day at work and IMO it is some of the beatbox stuff on the market. I use it to clean all of my guns but do try to wipe as much as possible off of my deer rifles and lubricate with other oils due to oils excessive stink factor.

Totaloutdoorsman

FireClean. I use it on all of my work and personal guns and have run it on machine guns with no issues. My whole platoon started using it and have had positive results across the board. It'll work fine on a Marlin 60.

mwood1985

I use ballistol to clean mine per reccomendstion of the gunsmith at deercreek in Marietta. Great stuff. I also use Lucas brand gun oil and grease. It's my go to on my waterfowl guns. Works well for me.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm starting to use GRAPHITE powder for pad locks on my 10/22. It is dirty, but you don't use very much. It keeps every thing lubricated, but does not collect dirt and burnt powder. So far it has eliminated FTE problems caused by other liquid oils. :)

gt40

Attachments

• archangel stock .jpg
    archangel stock .jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 44