Gun stores in Macon?

Balrog

I will be in Macon tomorrow. Any good gunstores? I know about Chuck's in Warner Robbins, but anything in Macon itself?

dslc6487

You might try Kens Pawn Shop on Mercer University Drive. Great folks and good prices. Has specials on occasion. Don't let the word "pawn" scare you away. Ken runs a quality business.....

sleepr71

I’ll second HOWARDS on Mercer. I also believe Classic Firearms,off Northside Drive is worth stopping in! Last time I was there they had some PERDY old guns? The price tag reflected that they were nice. All that said...you really shouldn’t show up in Maconga..without a gun ?

rosewood

You might try Kens Pawn Shop on Mercer University Drive. Great folks and good prices. Has specials on occasion. Don't let the word "pawn" scare you away. Ken runs a quality business.....
I think you got Ken's Stereo confused with Howard's Pawn....

rosewood

Firearm Traders on Pio Nono, is a nice little gun store. Not big, but the owner Harry is a great guy and he does have deals on occasion.

Don't forget Academy if you don't have one near you.

If you go far enough south, The Sports Center in Perry is a good outdoors store. They carry a lot of reloading stuff if you reload.

All of the others have been mentioned already, Howard's, Classic, Chuck's.

Rosewood

rosewood

Well Balrog, did you survive Macon and did you take anything home from the stores?

Rosewood

Balrog

Well Balrog, did you survive Macon and did you take anything home from the stores?

Rosewood

Survived Macon. Didnt bring anything home. Classic Firearms does have some nice ol out of production guns, but nothing that I couldnt live without.

rosewood

Classic bought out a huge Colt collection from a guy. Crazy what they want for some of those ($4k+). I am a shooter not a collector, so I would never spend that kind of money to buy a gun and let sit in a case.

Rosewood

rosewood

When did Macon get dangerous?

If I was in Macon and had a couple of hours, I'd drive over to Butler Ga and go to Barrows.

Butler isn't exactly a short ride from Macon. You are looking at 45-50 miles.

Depends on which part of Macon you visit and what time of day. There are a lot of parts of Macon I stay away from after dark for sure and I know my way around and am almost always packing. Most of those same areas are perfectly safe just passing through before lunch. The hoods stay up most of the night and sleep all morning....

Judging from a retired Macon PD friend of mine, it has always been dangerous in some areas and he started his career in the 70's.

Rosewood