HA! Anit hunter?Naw...

FishingAddict

I just got an e-mail from someone in my nieboorhood (I'm on the newsletter committee).

The lady was having dinner with several guests when they saw a large doe run across the yard.

Well, several of them ran out to take a look at the grand creature. And they saw the nieboor running across his yard with a .38.

The lady ordered him to stop, as he was aiming the weapon right at the deer, but if he missed it would hit a home under 70 yards away.

Well, the guy said "I have to shoot it, otherwise no one will believe me on how big it was!"

He said a couple of bad words and "stumbled" back to his home...he was also slurring his speach.

She called the police but he left (great, a drunk angry driver with a gun:rofl:).

What was this guy thinking? The lots in the area are about 1/2 acre in size and he was drunk!

Oh yeah, that was the problem.

The woman wants to pass an ordinace agains people trespassing in other peoples yards with weapons. Im not sure why, since it's already illegal and I'd rather the police pay for fighting it than us.:biggrin3:

polaris30144

You can make all the rules you want, but state law preempts any rule made by a local ordinance. Sounds like she should be upset, but also she needs to educate herself about gun laws before she tries to take matters into her own hands. Report it to the police and if the identity of the guy is known he should be arrested. The police are the ones to handle this, if the lady tries to enforce an illegal ordinance she could be the one going to court.

jason8047

I dont blame the lady for being upset and the drunk guy needs to go to jail. I agree though, she dont need an ordinance passed because I would think there is a law already for idiots like this guy.

dutchman

Them "anits" are wiley. Not sure if me or any of the "nieboors" have seen any in our "nieboorhood.":D

Hey addict! Have you ever met Sharpshot (aka Remington 710)? I think y'all could be related.:bounce:

60Grit

Them "anits" are wiley. Not sure if me or any of the "nieboors" have seen any in our "nieboorhood.":D

Hey addict! Have you ever met Sharpshot (aka Remington 710)? I think y'all could be related.:bounce:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1602978" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>
polaris30144 said:
</TD><TD class=alt2>You can make all the rules you want, but state law preempts any rule made by a local ordinance.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You want to reconsider or expand on that statement??:biggrin2:

FX Jenkins

You need to move bro...

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
All I can say is YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW

FishingAddict

Hey, I'm an ADD blone partially dyslexic male that types so fast his keyboard smokes (and never proofs)... What would you expect.:rofl:

Here are some other folks who could not spell:

Einestien, Hawkins, Ford, Edision, W. Wilson, Churchill, Stonewall Jackson, Alex G. Bell, Napolieon, Patton, Esiehower, George Washington...Blah blah blah...you get the point. We're in good company.

I think abilty to spell shows mental weakness...you can't think out of the box.:rofl::rofl:

FishingAddict

You need to move bro...

Not out of the niehboorhood!

I just bought 2 acres of river property in the same 'hood taht we are in now...the 'hood that the wife wants, the river that I want, and the space that the kids and the dog want...

I know that the whole episope sounds a little trailerish...but believe it or not this is a pretty upscale 'hood. The home that they are building to the side of the land I just bought is gonna be 4 millon, 12,000 sqft (Mine will look like the maid's house next to it.):)

Last edited:

FX Jenkins

Oh...well if you got two acres on a river then I agree...thats prime..but you might want to consider diverting a little bit for the mote ...

Im a neighborly fellow but drunks with .38's and legistlative HOA's concern me...

60Grit

Oh...well if you got two acres on a river then I agree...thats prime..but you might want to consider diverting a little bit for the mote ...

Im a neighborly fellow but drunks with .38's and legistlative HOA's concern me...

If he would have turned and shot her then both of your problems would have been solved....:bounce:

That's cold, I know...........Sorry....:crazy:

FishingAddict

I agree.

However, this group of folks I live with get upset when you paint the INTERIOR of you home the wrong color (it might look ugly and make your propery value go down)...

so there for I predict this drunk gun carrier is gonna "hang high" and we won't see anything like that happen again.

I'll make sure it happens....someone else will have to the dirty work- but this guy will be made an example of.

rip18

I should hope that the drunk guy with the .38 gets in trouble. I'm a pro-hunting hutner, and I would have a problem if that happened in my yard, but then again I can assure you that charges would have been filed...no need to the the HOA involved...

FishingAddict

Just found out the police showed up and said "there is nothing we can do because he never fired the weapon."

I guess he got lucky that she stopped him first.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Just found out the police showed up and said "there is nothing we can do because he never fired the weapon."

I guess he got lucky that she stopped him first.

I guess it was an off-duty LE.:bounce:

crackerdave

Unless I'm mistaken,trespassing with a firearm is a felony,whether the firearm is discharged or not.

rayzmom91

Hay Y'all.

I'm the crazy HOA lady that called the police. I'm not sure who I was more mad at ... the drunk with the gun, or the cop that was totally uninterested in the whole ordeal. At any rate, the whole episode was unnerving to my guests and I, during our Thanksgiving celebration.

Let me clarify one thing, Fishing Addict. I'm all for adding a rule in the Neighborhood Covenants (since they are being re-written) that reads: No Hunting in the 'hood. Why? Apparently it isn't forbidden (according to the city cop). However, I feel sure the current Prez doesn't have the 'nads, ummmm I mean fortitude, to confront or risk offending a resident --- especially if they are in the wrong.

Secondly, I searched our city's Municipal Code, and found the laws to be lacking. The only law on the books about the gun, had to do with it being fired. I checked around, and if f I wanted to pursue it, these could apply: reckless endangerment, public drunk while in possession of an offensive weapon, criminal trespass with the intent to commit a crime... to name just a few, but what the heck do I know. It's not a crusade for me; besides I am pro-guns when handled safely.

So since the HOA cares not, and the city police do not want to get involved, I'll just load my pistol for the next time. Any idiot who will do something like that once, will do it again.

"Shoot the neighbor, put some horns on his head, call the police & tell them you thought it was a deer," was the best advice I got.

You gonna bail me out, neighbor???

Better yet .... you wanna put this in the newsletter????