HA! Anit hunter?Naw...

rayzmom91

P. S. The *neighbor* left fireworks at my front door twice Wednesday night, after the police contacted him to give him some *advice.*

You can take the resident out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the resident!

Last edited:

crackerdave

P. S. The *neighbor* left fireworks at my front door twice Wednesday night, after the police contacted him to give him some *advice.*

You can take the resident out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the resident!

He left you some fireworks? Was he trying to make nice,or were they lit?:banana:

FishingAddict

Hay Y'all.

I'm the crazy HOA lady that called the police. I'm not sure who I was more mad at ... the drunk with the gun, or the cop that was totally uninterested in the whole ordeal. At any rate, the whole episode was unnerving to my guests and I, during our Thanksgiving celebration.

Let me clarify one thing, Fishing Addict. I'm all for adding a rule in the Neighborhood Covenants (since they are being re-written) that reads: No Hunting in the 'hood. Why? Apparently it isn't forbidden (according to the city cop). However, I feel sure the current Prez doesn't have the 'nads, ummmm I mean fortitude, to confront or risk offending a resident --- especially if they are in the wrong.

Secondly, I searched our city's Municipal Code, and found the laws to be lacking. The only law on the books about the gun, had to do with it being fired. I checked around, and if f I wanted to pursue it, these could apply: reckless endangerment, public drunk while in possession of an offensive weapon, criminal trespass with the intent to commit a crime... to name just a few, but what the heck do I know. It's not a crusade for me; besides I am pro-guns when handled safely.

So since the HOA cares not, and the city police do not want to get involved, I'll just load my pistol for the next time. Any idiot who will do something like that once, will do it again.

"Shoot the neighbor, put some horns on his head, call the police & tell them you thought it was a deer," was the best advice I got.

You gonna bail me out, neighbor???

Better yet .... you wanna put this in the newsletter????

:rofl::rofl:

Great comments. I will try to put it in the newsletter but anything I try to put in that is even slightly conseversial gets axed. I tryed put a message in the paper about some people in the hood poaching Canadian Geese and that was nixed.

I can't belive pepple are allowed to hunt in the hood! Thanks for clarifying. Can we hunt in Dellenger Park too? Every time I run at dark there I come up on deer! Maybe I'll just carry a knife, let my dog go and trap them and slit their throats. Now THAT would be HUNTING!:)

BTW, you are not crazy. Your neihboor is.:) Not the situation I would want to be in. I'm sure the guy thinks he is "in the right" as all folks with a recal-crainial inversion tend to do.

FishingAddict

If he would have turned and shot her then both of your problems would have been solved....:bounce:

That's cold, I know...........Sorry....:crazy:

Actually, the lady I posted about is the hardest working person that we have in the 'hood. I had no intention of making her seem like the villain if that is what you thuoght...quite the oposite in fact. I'm a little confused on why you would think someone who was trying to protect the 'hood from idiots would be a "problem"

She is on the board, does most of the work that benefits the 'hood...many people on the board are there for their own agendas only and she does an EXCELLENT job of making things go the right way (best for the 'hood, not best for the board memebers who want (XYZ) for thier own personal profit)....she has had to whip people into shape and there for has made some people on the board mad, but if it were not for her attitude of trying to do the right thing for the hood and the board would be in bad bad shape.

crackerdave

To each his/her own,but I would go back to living in a tent in the woods before I'd live somewhere I had to follow the rules of a"board."

rayzmom91

Thanks FishingAddict. No good deed goes unpunished.

Oh, and I am certainly not offended by any comments here. I just thought it would be humorous to post behind y'all on the same subject. I was talking to a buddy, and relaying the story, when he stopped me, and finished it for me. That's how I knew it was here.
Howsomeever, I am glad I peeked in cause the discussion threads here look like lots of fun folks and only a few tards (j/k).

I'm with you, Ranger. I have about had all the fun I can stand rubbing noses with the rich and famous, along with the rednecks, wannabees, and a few normal folks. Too bad, too, cause this is really a nice place, with a great location. One more year of high school for my son, and I hope to be moving on!

rayzmom91, something that getsme when i am reading this who thread...how in the world did you know it was a 38? And the slurred speech?? Is the dude you saw a neighbor that is known for being a drunk because a doe is a doe. "Will not believe how big it was"??? Sorry but some thing do not make any sense, or common sense that is. Your last name is not Slusher is it??

wareagle

I dont blame the lady for being upset and the drunk guy needs to go to jail. I agree though, she dont need an ordinance passed because I would think there is a law already for idiots like this guy.

Hey , take it easy on the "Drunk Guy". I resemble that remark :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

FishingAddict

rayzmom91, something that getsme when i am reading this who thread...how in the world did you know it was a 38? And the slurred speech?? Is the dude you saw a neighbor that is known for being a drunk because a doe is a doe. "Will not believe how big it was"??? Sorry but some thing do not make any sense, or common sense that is. Your last name is not Slusher is it??

Naw, she is a sharp lady.

Who would be less likely to make sense, a sharp person or a drunk who was about fire a fire arm in close range of homes at a doe?

rayzmom91

P & Y Bowhunter....I didn't know it was a 38.... the youth pastor and his wife, who are owners and users of guns, told me. They saw it, too.

And the slurred speech?? Is the dude you saw a neighbor that is known for being a drunk because a doe is a doe. "Will not believe how big it was"??? Sorry but some thing do not make any sense, or common sense that is. Your last name is not Slusher is it??

I graduated from UGA.... I know slurred speech and folks begging to *not call the cops* when I hear it.

I'm not sure what part of my message doesn't make sense to you. However, let me recommend *Grammar and Writing Skills 101;* your *freedom of speech* came across a bit confusing. In fact, let me simplify all of this for you:

Loaded gun.

Redneck.

Upscale residential area, heavily populated.

Illegal hunting.

Redneck falls down, and has slurred speech.

Redneck is told to go home.

Drunk/redneck mentality seeks revenge with fireworks.

End of story.

Hope that helps, as this is Monday morning and that is old news.

I was teasing about putting this in the newsletter; on the otherhand, it might not be a bad idea to mention *No Hunting in the Hood.*

j_seph

I just got an e-mail from someone in my nieboorhood (I'm on the newsletter committee).

The lady was having dinner with several guests when they saw a large doe run across the yard.

Well, several of them ran out to take a look at the grand creature. And they saw the nieboor running across his yard with a .38.

The lady ordered him to stop, as he was aiming the weapon right at the deer, but if he missed it would hit a home under 70 yards away.

Well, the guy said "I have to shoot it, otherwise no one will believe me on how big it was!"

He said a couple of bad words and "stumbled" back to his home...he was also slurring his speach.

She called the police but he left (great, a drunk angry driver with a gun:rofl:).

What was this guy thinking? The lots in the area are about 1/2 acre in size and he was drunk!

Oh yeah, that was the problem.

The woman wants to pass an ordinace agains people trespassing in other peoples yards with weapons. Im not sure why, since it's already illegal and I'd rather the police pay for fighting it than us.:biggrin3:
Did this deer ever get killed or did it eventually die of old age?

Oldstick

OK, ya'll done got me again on that one.

NOYDB

BANNED
I am not up to date but there used to be limits on how close to roads and houses you could hunt. I do note it was a drunk and not a pothead being complained about.

j_seph

I am not up to date but there used to be limits on how close to roads and houses you could hunt. I do note it was a drunk and not a pothead being complained about.
I don't care about none of that, If that deer was that big back then and has not been killed can you imagine how big it is now?

Dub

I don't care about none of that, If that deer was that big back then and has not been killed can you imagine how big it is now?

Yup....that was one of the things I was wondering......the other is how does someone with known & admitted lack of concern over having bad spelling and no desire to spellcheck get in charge of the HOA newsletter ?

Last edited:

NOYDB

BANNED
There was real reason to worry. If he was hunting drunk in the 'burb with a .38, there was a good chance he would miss. Unapproved bullet holes would violate the covenants.

Lindseys Grandpa

Hey, I'm an ADD blone partially dyslexic male that types so fast his keyboard smokes (and never proofs)... What would you expect.:rofl:

Here are some other folks who could not spell:

Einestien, Hawkins, Ford, Edision, W. Wilson, Churchill, Stonewall Jackson, Alex G. Bell, Napolieon, Patton, Esiehower, George Washington...Blah blah blah...you get the point. We're in good company.

I think abilty to spell shows mental weakness...you can't think out of the box.:rofl::rofl:
Its a stupid man can only spell a word one way . Mark Twain is supposed to have said this.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Did anybody ever get pics of the HOA chick? Was/is she hot?