Habersham/Stephens/White

mountainraider68

Hey men, I haven't seen anyone really comment on our area in the deer hunting threads. Hoping to get something consistent going here. In Habersham I seen a small buck making a scrape on camera about a week ago. In Stephens county I've found a few rubs but seems to be pretty slow still. I was in White county this weekend and seen a small buck chasing a doe right next to the highway. So hoping it's about to heat up for us soon! How is yall's seasons going so far and anyone seeing any rut activity?

goob

Hey men, I haven't seen anyone really comment on our area in the deer hunting threads. Hoping to get something consistent going here. In Habersham I seen a small buck making a scrape on camera about a week ago. In Stephens county I've found a few rubs but seems to be pretty slow still. I was in White county this weekend and seen a small buck chasing a doe right next to the highway. So hoping it's about to heat up for us soon! How is yall's seasons going so far and anyone seeing any rut activity?

A buddy of mine killed a 12 point last week in White County. Neck was swollen, hocks were black, but wasn't stinking. His nose was cut up and he had fighting marks on up his nose/face and neck. He came in on a rattle bag. I know of a nice 8 point killed last week not far from me, and another big deer was shot at and missed. That one was cruising. I saw a spike on my club just below Cornelia 2 weeks ago and he was all over the place looking. Never once did I see him put his nose towards the ground. In my neck of the woods, I think next week will be pretty good. And then the first week of January.

mountainraider68

Nice goob glad to hear someones having some luck! I think this warm weather has got them off a little bit, I agree with ya next week should be the week to be in the woods. Seems like the second rut I always see more activity in our area, that extra week of hunting this year maybe the ticket.

goob

No doubt. I've said since get go the first week of January will produce around here!

goob

Jumped one walking in this morning.