Hammer extension?

kmaxwell3

I bought my kids a used New Engalnd Handi Rifle in .243. The scope is real close to the cocking hammer and it makes it hard and unsafe to cock if you are not careful. Does any one know which hammer extension will work on that rifle? I found a few but it does not say it will work on that rifle. Thanks

nmurph

Have you shot this rifle? I have one on .243 with Leupold Vari-X II and Leupold rings. I can't better than 2 " groups with any ammo I've tried. I've done a bit of reading and the.243 seems to be the least accurate.

lonewolf247

I've seen "Uncle Mike's" hammer extensions for that rifle on many online hunting supply stores, even ebay, & amazon as well. Just make sure it includes the H&R rifle. Priced @ $8-10.

Big7

The Oracle
The one's that fit Ruger Black Hawk
are a perfect fit. I had one on a Marlin
lever (sold it years ago) and currently have
one on my H&R-NEF .243

First hand knowledge.

jmoser

Make sure to fire a few test rounds - sometimes the extra mass of the extension can cause light hits as it slows down the hammer. I think on the encore we used an extra power hammer spring but memory may be failing me.

kmaxwell3

Have you shot this rifle? I have one on .243 with Leupold Vari-X II and Leupold rings. I can't better than 2 " groups with any ammo I've tried. I've done a bit of reading and the.243 seems to be the least accurate.
Yes I have shot it few times. That's about what I can get out of it with Fusion 95 grn ammo.

kmaxwell3

Thanks for all the help guys. I found one at Barry's in Griffin today. Fits fine and makes it much easier for my kids to use.