Handgun Grips

GAR

Just ordered a set of custom grips today for my Ruger Blackhawk. Have had a hard time finding a set that would fit my large hands. Have tried Hogue and Pachmayr grips but they are still to small.

A company that specilizies in handgun stocks based out of Utah wanted to charge me in excess of $270 to have them built. Plus there was a twelve to fifteen week waiting period before I could send them my revolver. They said they needed the revolver so that they could fit the grips.

I spent the last two days playing phone tag with a Mr. Jim Badger. He runs a one man shop that specializies in custom grips. I explained to him the situation that I was having in getting a set of grips. Well when it was all said and done I placed my order. Total cost was $75. This is the same price including shipping that he has on his web site. No extra charge for making the grips larger. I only had to provide a couple of measurements of my hand. Jim also told me that if I was not happy that all I had to do was return them and I would get my money back. I also was given the option of having them totally re-done until they met with my satisfaction. The grips should be in no later than next wednesday.

You can visit Jim at WWW.BADGERCUSTOMGRIPS.COM