Harris County 2016-17

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
They've killed some good ones on our lease this year.. Starting about Halloween and a good 10 was killed last Saturday.we hunt right off of 315.. almost to talkinbout county.

I think thats the deer I ran off my place a couple weeks ago. Looks like he ran into the next county....:rofl:
Congrats to the hunter on a fine buck.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Lots of big deer killed this season in Harris. Folks just don't advertise their kills around these parts to much. One thing I noticed this season is the rut is different depending on where you hunt in harris. My spot by Blanton creek the deer were rutting strong the week before Thanksgiving and the rut was strong the weekend of Thanksgiving off of 27 on 208. Based on the # of dead deer on I-185 the peak was Nov.10-15th. Crazy thing is we have more bucks right now on the property than we did early on.

Riprap a lease I joined this year has some of the biggest does I've ever seen to have never been on any kind of protein feed. I took these this past Sunday and they were bigger than most of the bucks at the processor place. They will certainly add some meat to the freezer.

Attachments

• Effect_20161222_091823.jpg
    Effect_20161222_091823.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 829

riprap

Those are some nice ones. Heading down in the morning to finish off the season. Only seen three deer last week and two of them were running wide open like they were being chased by a coyote or something. The other one was the same doe I've seen all year.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
We got some huge coyotes on camera. Had one standing in front of the camera with a rabbit in his mouth.Sure wish they would come by me I got something special for em.

riprap

Well...all good things come to an end. Saw a two nice doe on my last hunt. Been building a couple of new stands to take down soon. I do like hunting hard in the thick stuff and hardwoods early in the season, but from thanksgiving on I like to be comfortable hunting out of a box tower on the cutover and foodplots.