Harris county heavyweight

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Those old ones rarely move in daylight,other than the rut. Good job on being in the right place/right time..and keeping it together. I remember praying,thanking the lord,thanking others who had helped me get the opportunity...and getting teary eyed..after killing one I hunted like that! It’s what keeps you plugging along thru the hard times...

I sit on the log he was behind and just sit there looking at him and thinking back at all the pics and missed encounters with him. Seeing something coming through the woods as old and wise as him watching his every move is what you remember the most. Not every day something so majestic comes upon you being so precise in everything they do. Every step every smell. Now that he is gone it seems as the season is not as important as it was. The older I get and taking the life of a animal just doesn't seem as it did when I was younger. Much more appreciation for life and their life. I feel as our encounter was to maybe take him from his misery from his foot bothering him after watching him slightly limp his way towards me. No matter the reason I have a great respect for that wise old majestic man!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Really nice older buck, congrats!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
First... Great choice of words in paying respect to that old king! You certainly took the king of those woods! Fortunately he has offspring out there that replace his absence soon! Outstanding buck! Thanks for taking the time to share the hunt and pics with us!

walkinboss01

Congrats on an awesome buck!!

G5BONECRUSHER

Just curious was the injured hood on the same or opposite side of his weak side antlers. I have always been told that it would be opposite.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Just curious was the injured hood on the same or opposite side of his weak side antlers. I have always been told that it would be opposite.

The bad hoof was on the same side.