Has anyone used the Primos Can and

Meriwether Mike

I have used the Quaker Boy "Bleat in Heat"can with some success. I purchased a Knight and Hale can last night at Galyans because it has a long drawn out bleat and I had wore my Quaker Boy can out. We will see how it does this Saturday. I usually blind call with it about every thirty minutes.

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I used it once, and had a love sick billy goat try to climb up the tree with me! :D just kidding! I used mine a good bit this year with no results. seems like it would work though, Ive seen does walking around making the same noise during the rut.

Kdog

Think I lost mine last Saturday. I don't use it very often though. And yes, there are several different ones. Primos has 3 sizes, not to mention all the others out there.

Kdog

WishIwuzhuntin

Limited Success

I have used the can for several years. Never had any luck blind calling with it. I have turned bucks around and brought them back into my area. I had a buck come through this year on Nov 13. He came down a trail three does had gone up about 15 mins earlier. I couldn't get a good look at him, but could hear him in a thick bottom. I hit the can twice and he literally came in a running and looking around. Unfortunately when I had the scope on his shoulder and squeezed off-all I got was a click. Bullet didn't fire. Would have been the nicest buck I've ever taken. He came in quick, when he didn't see the love sick doe he left just as quick. I definitely believe in the can, however IMO deer only respond to calls sparingly when all conditions are just right.

H

HT2

The "can"......

I tried that thang one time, and that wuz enough.......

No success for me..... ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

NotaVegetarian

I have used the can with no success. I don’t feel it has enough volume, it does sound good. I have used a True Talker with great success, getting bucks attention and turning them back to me. With it you can vary to the tone, and volume.

cpaboy

I had great luck with the can this year in pre-rut. I called up 5 bucks in one weekend. All of this was blind calling. But I would say rut and post-rut, it would be best used after you have spotted bucks and you want to turn them.

LAKOTA

I guess it depends on the buck?

I've used the can throughout the year(s) and have never called in a buck. Used it several times when a buck was within shooting range to see how he reacted with nothing but a look or two, never came any closer. ::huh:

Of course I've never had a buck come rushing in like you see on TV with a grunt tube either.

dominantpredator

My son killed this buck after using the can every 30 seconds for about 30 minutes straight....he's only 8 so I allow him to do this sometimes....he really has confidence in all animal calls....even more so now

Attachments

• november 13,2004 Joey's buck 001.jpg
    november 13,2004 Joey's buck 001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 55