Have you installed Service Pack 2 for XP

Skipper

Banned
That little doo hicky at the bottom of the screen has been nagging me worse than my wife nagging me to fix the dripping faucet on the tub, so finally, I figured that it was less aggrivation to install the update than to keep continually telling it NOOOOOO. So I installed it Friday.

So far so good, and once the computer is on, it seems to be ok. The problem is booting the computer. What used to take a few seconds now takes an eternity. I can turn it on run to Hardees, get a biscuit, eat it, have a conversation with 3 people and come back and it's probably hung up on one of the popups I was supposed to click while it was booting. Seriously, it is very noticably slower to boot up.

Skipper

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
I also downloaded it a few

days ago and have not noticed any thing negative with it??

Mine boots the same, the main thing I see is less pop ups than I was getting with just my ad ware :confused:

I did notice that when I went to the windows site to ck it out it was a big download as service paks go.

leo

Michael Lee

Yes, I installed it at home and have no problems and it is supposed to be the tightest on security that Windows has created.

We have not installed it at work yet due to some functionality issues with our differnt client programs communicating via the web.

ML

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have on several of our puters...one would not work right with it and had to remove it. All the others have been fine. Who knows???

Jim

LKennamer

It seems to vary

Mine has worked pretty well, I like the pop-up blocker, saves me a lot of time closing them. It doesn't catch them all, but it gets most. I don't use the firewall, I have ZoneAlarm for that. I know there are some problems with it, but so far haven't had any. ::;