Having a blast at Gulf SP in Gulf Shores

Huntinfool

It obviously is a beautiful place to camp. We've heard so many positive reviews about it. But I am going to give a negative comment.

We are campers from the old school, 1960s as kids with our parents. I have never come across a campground that would not allow you just to ride through and see the place if you were in the area.

Last fall, we were in a FL state park near Pensacola. Rained the whole time and one day we were bored and drove over to Gulf State Park just to see how it looked for future reference. My wife is very particular about how the sites are spread out, so she likes to see the place first. Inquired at the office and NO, "We have such a great number of sites and great facilities that you have to pay the daily fee just to ride through and look." Despite the pouring rain and the fact we obviously had no camper hitched up. Couldn't they manage to write us a temporary 30 minute ride through pass? Evidently not.

They did the same thing to me a few years ago. Irritating. But, it's only like $2 or something like that. I thought it was dumb. But we wanted to see the campground.

Oldstick

Question about the fishing, in particular the fishing pier at GSP. Do you need a temporary AL fishing license for the pier or is there a cover fee that takes care of it?