He’s OURS

Big7

The Oracle
Very good news. This is one of those threads where we need - not a "like" button but a "double- love button. It's truly admirable how a family with grown children would take on a little tike that was behind the 8 ball from jump. I'm sure as I can be all of your family will be rewarded in Heaven when the time comes. (not that you need to be in a hurry, just saying) Truly amazing how God works. I'm going to say a prayer for you and your family tonight. There are just no words how remarkable and kind your family's story is. What started out as a 45 day, just being short term protection for a tiny-tot has turned into a permanent family member is truly amazing and nothing short of an act of God. Congratulations

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Very good news. This is one of those threads where we need - not a "like" button but a "double- love button. It's truly admirable how a family with grown children would take on a little tike that was behind the 8 ball from jump. I'm sure as I can be all of your family will be rewarded in Heaven when the time comes. (not that you need to be in a hurry, just saying) Truly amazing how God works. I'm going to say a prayer for you and your family tonight. There are just no words how remarkable and kind your family's story is. What started out as a 45 day, just being short term protection for a tiny-tot has turned into a permanent family member is truly amazing and nothing short of an act of God. Congratulations
Well said!

Mark K

Banned

Sir that brought a tear to my eye, thank you for the kind words.
I’ll be the first to admit we thought there wasn’t a chance at all we would be able to ever get where we are now. The way the laws are the parents have to be absolutely horrible before they lose custody. We kept being told to give them time to hang themselves and they finally did. Well that and a PitBull of a lawyer who just wouldn’t quit for CJ’s sake. She wanted to come to the house and visit before she would even take the case. One visit and she said she wouldn’t quit until he was ours to tuck in every night. We owe her more than money could ever repay. If I ever win the lottery, she’ll never have to work another day in her life even if I have to, lol.
The way the pieces all fell together are truly a miracle. I’ve written so many stories in my notes section on my phone I could publish a book. There were so many lows on the ride that my wife and I wouldn’t even talk days leading up to the hearings. We had 8 “final” hearings, lol. Stress became the norm. I would like to say I never shed a tear leading up to most of the hearings, but I would be lying. I will tell you this, on the LAST and FINAL hearing when we were granted FULL CUSTODY, there wasn’t a dry eye in the courtroom; and that included deputies and bailiffs. The judge even mentioned there were “onions in his chambers, and he could smell them already.”
There’s time we think what were we thinking, but we weren’t. It was a Master Plan all along and we were just pawns in the game.
All I know is I have another Son to raise and my boys have a brother and have referred to him as that since the day the wife brought him home. Guess they knew something we didn’t, lol.
Again, thanks for all the encouragement and thoughts and prayers. We’re going to need them. And I hope to keep posting pics and accomplishments of CJ and his life.
Not that anyone knows his real name, but we have decided CJ will stand for Connor Justice...because we believe Justice was served. And CJ seems to like it because his best friends name is Carson...which starts with a C.

Big7

The Oracle
Sir that brought a tear to my eye, thank you for the kind words.
I’ll be the first to admit we thought there wasn’t a chance at all we would be able to ever get where we are now. The way the laws are the parents have to be absolutely horrible before they lose custody. We kept being told to give them time to hang themselves and they finally did. Well that and a PitBull of a lawyer who just wouldn’t quit for CJ’s sake. She wanted to come to the house and visit before she would even take the case. One visit and she said she wouldn’t quit until he was ours to tuck in every night. We owe her more than money could ever repay. If I ever win the lottery, she’ll never have to work another day in her life even if I have to, lol.
The way the pieces all fell together are truly a miracle. I’ve written so many stories in my notes section on my phone I could publish a book. There were so many lows on the ride that my wife and I wouldn’t even talk days leading up to the hearings. We had 8 “final” hearings, lol. Stress became the norm. I would like to say I never shed a tear leading up to most of the hearings, but I would be lying. I will tell you this, on the LAST and FINAL hearing when we were granted FULL CUSTODY, there wasn’t a dry eye in the courtroom; and that included deputies and bailiffs. The judge even mentioned there were “onions in his chambers, and he could smell them already.”
There’s time we think what were we thinking, but we weren’t. It was a Master Plan all along and we were just pawns in the game.
All I know is I have another Son to raise and my boys have a brother and have referred to him as that since the day the wife brought him home. Guess they knew something we didn’t, lol.
Again, thanks for all the encouragement and thoughts and prayers. We’re going to need them. And I hope to keep posting pics and accomplishments of CJ and his life.
Not that anyone knows his real name, but we have decided CJ will stand for Connor Justice...because we believe Justice was served. And CJ seems to like it because his best friends name is Carson...which starts with a C.

Well, I'll be sending prayers. You, the Boss Hen and the little guy truly have a miraculous story that is to be commended. Not enough good words to say that can even touch y'alls love and compassion. I'm sure the rest of the GON family feel the same way. Congratulations. Your reward is yet to come. Good luck and keep us posted !