He will give you Rest

StriperAddict

A good word with the scripture in Matt. 11:28:

Even during a Marvel-ous Spring weekend, frustration can find you. It’s often a quick trip from offended to angry to bitter, and an even faster one from concerned to worried to overwhelmed. But before you speak or act in frustration, disappointment, or resentment, stop to ask God why you actually feel this way. It's nothing he gave you, and it's not who you really are.

It may seem over simplistic, and the circumstances may vary, but I almost always find my negativity comes from fixating on a problem, and everything that could go wrong, rather than focusing on Jesus, and what he’s saying is possible. When I’ve let that negativity grow, it’s pushed me into an abyss of self-loathing and punishment.

Yes, there are days you and I have wasted wallowing in shame, self–pity, bitterness, and pain. Fears of failure, rejection, and loss have stolen chunks of our lives. So let’s not lose another day. Don’t waste another minute mourning what you can't change. Make this day all it can be by letting God change you—transforming how you see him, yourself, and everyone in your life.

Know that in redeeming your soul, Jesus has also redeemed your time. Nothing you've done has surprised him, and nothing has separated you from his love, or his plans for your life. You were created to be an extraordinary overcomer, and the first thing you get to overcome is your old, negative, frustrated self. God stands ready to take all the frustration, fear, and bitterness you repent of, and replace all the room they took up with wholeness, peace, confidence, joy, and a brilliant vision of what he sees is possible.

Take a little time with him, and ask where the roots of your frustration are. In his grace and truth, let him lead you in forgiving anyone who’s offended you, and in letting go of any lies you’ve been agreeing with. Then allow him to give you the real picture of your life—the amazing, powerful, brilliant ways he sees you, your relationships, and your circumstances. Let his good thoughts about you overwhelm every negative one, until frustration has nothing to hold on to.

"Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Matt. 11:28).

By Rob Coscia, Apr. 28, 2019