Heartbroken, my lab is gone

DuckArrow

Last Wednesday morning I woke up to my hunting partner of 9 years gone. I had put him outside to run free in the back yard after I finished cutting grass. Checked on him at 10:30pm and he was fine. At 6am he was gone and the back gate was open. I don't know if he pushed it open or if someone stole him. He had his collar on with my info, but I haven't heard a word. He has gotten out before but he always comes back within 3-4 hours. My 3yr old daughter is heartbroken and I was doing well until she starting crying wanting to know why Texas was gone. I pray he comes home soon, it is killing me that he is gone.

Attachments

• 1358179302493.jpg
    1358179302493.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20643324368699.jpeg
    IMG_20643324368699.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 55

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
hope is is found soon.

I had mine taken once. Seen him in a car with teenage boys. Ran them down and got him. They where also taking down my pics asking if anyone seen him.

ucfireman

Dont give up hope and looking. I had a dog get away at a park in Gwinnett (lots of cars) and looked for 4 days. Posted signs everywhere and walked the park 2-3 times a day. Folks started calling after about 2 days saying they say her in a neighborhood. Finally was able to track her down in someone's back yard. She wouldn't come to me and growled at me. I cornered her on a deck and started talking on the phone asking my dad to bring one of the other dogs over thinking she would recognize him. While talking I guess she recognized my voice and came over whimpering and whining but SO excited. None the worse. I guess she didn't recognize us hollering and calling as we never called her that way.
Hope and PRAYING you find him. GOD does answer!

DuckArrow

I've put it on Facebook, called every vet in the county, ARF, and Animal Control. Gave them all his pictures. Walked the 72 acres down the street I hunt. The 48 behind my house. My neighborhood and every house, road, and neighborhood within two miles. Even called a member here and got permission to walk his 200 acres yesterday. Almost been a week and it is killing me.

stonecreek

Hope you recover your dog soon. My buddy s Springer Spaniel disappeared from his yard. And they looked everywhere with no luck. After 2 weeks they accepted the dog was gone and assumed either stolen or killed by coyotes. The dog walked back in the yard a couple days later. Was missing 17 days total. Richard

Mine is 14 and I know I will miss her when she is gone. sorry for your loss.

MOTS

That's an awful feeling. I hope he comes home. Very sorry, I have two canine kids myself.

Sterling

That's heartbreaking man. I feel for you and your family. Praying you get your dog back.

Barebowyer

I pray you get him back. Mine ran a deer when he was young from the yard and I was a wreck after only three hours of him missing...

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Chips work. They would work better if there was a mechanism by which the chip companies would keep a database on stolen dogs. I wish you luck on finding him.