Heated Jackets to Stay Warm After Chemo. Maybe Milwaukee Brand?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Pappy, the boot blankets are bulky to carry but light and definitely worth the effort on a cold day in the stand. I got the size smaller than normal because I would not be putting my boots in there only my feet.

tbrown913

I wonder if the batteries are heavy, or if they tend to fall down while you are walking around with them. I like being able to cut them off and on too

The battery for the insole is actually in the insole itself, and are removable to charge without taking the insole out too. They sit right below your heel. I'm 300 pounds and have them in my rubber boots. I usually only walk less than 1000 yards total to and from the stand, and have not had any pain from walking on them. The battery is shaped like a pack of gum, has foam on top, and the insole itself has cushion too. I did have to remove the boot insole to put these in. I love them and will use them in the winter like my mosquito thermacell in the spring-fall!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I use the Hot hands toe warmers with the adhesive back.Put it in my gloves.I also but the Hothand insoles.Hunted in 8 degrees in Missouri and feet/hands body didn't get cold. Just another idea to investigate. Glad your whooping the C and hope your around for many years.

DEERFU

I'm in the same boat Pappy. 9 weeks of chemo last spring and 7 weeks of chemo/ radiation this fall have left me cold even at 50 degrees. hope you are doing well sir. I'm hoping for an electric coat soon

Reactions: Dub

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I'm in the same boat Pappy. 9 weeks of chemo last spring and 7 weeks of chemo/ radiation this fall have left me cold even at 50 degrees. hope you are doing well sir. I'm hoping for an electric coat soon

If you have been thru it, then you know. I was so bad when I was taking chemo that I couldn't even hold a glass with ice tea in it. It was to cold to hold. My fingers felt like they were burning it was so cold. I had to get drinks with no ice in them for months

Reactions: Dub

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
oh, and I hope you are doing well with your treatments. It does get better, but probably won't ever be the same.

DEERFU

oh, and I hope you are doing well with your treatments. It does get better, but probably won't ever be the same.
Thank you sir! I get my first post treatment pet scan next week. I will be living with the side effects the rest of my days. Bout froze in my blind this morning. This afternoon my heated Milwaukee jacket showed up in the mail. This thing works like a charm. I already have a stack of batteries so I won't be running out of juice

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Thank you sir! I get my first post treatment pet scan next week. I will be living with the side effects the rest of my days. Bout froze in my blind this morning. This afternoon my heated Milwaukee jacket showed up in the mail. This thing works like a charm. I already have a stack of batteries so I won't be running out of juice

let me know how that thing does.

I haven't gotten one yet, but I am sure considering it

flatsmaster

A buddy that lives in Illinois bought the Milwaukee heated jacket this yr and likes it so far ... he hunts hard ... good luck and keep hunting

BeerThirty

I've got a handful of friends back in WI who swear by the Milwaukee heated coat for fall and winter. Couple of these guys work outside year round, and most of them hunt with the coat, so I'd say they are a pretty good gauge. Allegedly there is an after-market batter you can buy on Amazon that is cheaper and more powerful than the Milwaukee battery. They say the coat stays very warm and they really like how you don't need additional bulky layers since it stays hot enough.

Ihunt

I have one and like it a lot. I bought an extra battery to go with it. My wife also bought me a heated base layer. Mine is called Volt. It has great reviews on Amazon. Another one is call Pnuma. They are expensive but I think you’ll enjoy one if you purchase it.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
thanks for the input fellow. I appreciate it.

All the Milwaukee tools I bought in the past have been top notch. I suspect their jacket would be also

Latest posts