Heaviest GA Deer?

1982ace

I knew someone a few years back that killed one 295 lbs in Colquitt county. I’m In Lowndes and 225 lbs is biggest I’ve seen.

Cmcharles

Amazing how many big bodied deer are killed in GA! Some of these weights are as big as you’ll see anywhere in the country. I guess the right food and the right genetics are definitely in place in a lot of these counties. I’m sure for everyone you hear about there’s at least another we never hear about.

ucfireman

I killed a 6pt in 2003 in Gwinnett right next to Yellow river park. Field dressed in the field, weighed at the processor at 135. She aged him at 1.5. I guessed lot older due to body size but she said 1.5 on the teeth. Antlers did look 1.5 but I shot because of the body size.

sleepr71

220 for me. Have seen a bigger one years ago,but never killed it(nocturnal old guy). Are most of these bigguns killed off of/adjacent to row-crop farms(corn/soybeans)? I assume so..at least before people started Deer farming & feeding protein year round.

BassHunter25

Jealous of these numbers. Killed one in bulloch county that weighed 205 on scale also my biggest racked buck 137” 8 pt.
Killed one in screven that probably weighed 220. Opening day of bow. He was still fat and eating good. Screven deer got long bodies.

Where I hunt now we kill 6.5 year old deer that weigh 160’s.

Curvebow05

I'm just over here amazed that y'all are able to get a live deer to stand on a scale. I always had to kill'm first. My first deer ever was a 240 beast out of NC. My buddy thought I shot one of his cows when he heard it fall over.

Soybean

2015. 260 lbs give or take (scale was at the processor and had seen better days so hard to say how accurate it was ...) Georgia deer.

Attachments

• hanging.jpg
    hanging.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Resize 1.jpg
    Resize 1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 27
  • resize 4_1.jpg
    resize 4_1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 27
  • scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 23

buckpasser

254 lb Thomas county over the hill ten point for me.

tbrown913

I would call my friend a liar to his face if he told me a Georgia deer was 300+ on the hood! Wow! I dont have a scale, but I would say I killed one over 200. Its body was longer than my Savage 110, and his neck was almost as wide as my chest, and I'm a 3xl. Picture is too big to load and I'm not trying to figure out how tonight.

The mtn man

I shot one a couple years ago on the edge of the smokies park, was 6-7 year old buck, body was as long as a Chevy 1500 single cab truck bed, he weighed dressed out 118 pounds, I thought he would dress 180, sometimes they will fool ya.