Heavyweight #7

Johnny 71

Junebug
Federal Heavyweight 3" 1.5 oz. #7's
Is the one I've read you and others post, but I can't find any

Killdee

Nobody ever seems to have sense enough to stock them in a walk in store, online is abut the only way to buy.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I loved the long shot patterns but man that load is TIGHT at 20 yards!

Johnny 71

Junebug
Midway USA product # 598499 is that the right ones, the mag shock threw me off, I haven't seen y'all put that in the description

Johnny 71

Junebug
Thanks I'm going to order some, rhbama I will keep that in mind, about the twenty yard shot

Tom Talker

Believe it or not but Gander Mountain in Snellville had plenty in stock in the store on Saturday for an ok price. Believe the 20 guage was $$22 and 12 guage was $26

Johnny 71

Junebug
Thanks everybody I just picked up some at gander mountain, going to shoot them, will post results

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I bought 2 boxes from Midway and printed out the mail in rebate coupon for $10 for 2 boxes. I sent it in. It will pay for the shipping. lol

sman

Big box stores trip me out. Most of em wait till March to get stock. Either I'm over zealous about turkeys or they are a 2nd thought for most of em.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Big box stores trip me out. Most of em wait till March to get stock. Either I'm over zealous about turkeys or they are a 2nd thought for most of em.

I think it has more to do with availability from Federal.

Johnny 71

Junebug
Ok this is what I've got so far, 20ga win XX 3in 1-5/16 #5,(walmart) 51@40yards, fed 3rd degree 3in = 87@ 40yards, Fed heavyweight 3in 1.5 oz #7 = 179@ 40yards...in a ten inch circle, all shot free hand, 3 shots each, best of each listed, this is thru the Sumtoy, a lot of fun,

foxwatcher

I might be picking those Heavyweights up for my 20 as well. Apparently they do very well with factory full chokes, even Federal advertises it as such. FWIW-Gander Mountain will price match +10% on competitors. Check BPS, Academy, Dick's...show it to them on your phone or a sale paper and they'll beat them

kiltman

I use these shells in my 20 ga. I have always purchased them online. Haven't seen them in any local stores. I just purchased some 3rd's to take out this year.