Hello

Hi everyone I was directed here to gain info on hunting black bear, I am a UK hunter who makes most of my hunting gear, I do shoot a rifle back home for deer stalking we have 6 species of deer along with european wild boar but my passion is bowhunting.
I have to travel for this as it's not legal here unfortunately. I have been lurking for a few weeks gaining info on finding a black bear in Georgia as I am planning to come over and hunt with OTC tags, I have hunted quite a few destinations with the bow abroad and its not about the shooting anymore but the stalk and the experiences, getting as close as possible and for me nothing comes closer than with using a trad bow.
I am also an experienced tracker and use a Hannoverscher sweisshund throughout Europe on organised driven hunts, I am hoping to contribute to the forum so if anyone is interested in how we hunt and track I can post.
I have just come back from Vermont where I hunted public land in hopes of finding a bear which I found and stalked into 30 yards before the wind switched and he bolted and slipped into the bracken and away down the mountain.
Many regards Wayne.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Welcome to Woody's.

Don't wait to be asked, jump right in with whatever you want to share or ask.

Thanks I will, here's one of our deer, which is a roe doe filmed off the phone whilst doing a little stump shooting I saw her and put a stalk on her, A nice bit of practice,regards
PRV1n0h.mp4

U3i5jh8.mp4

I will add a few writeups in the proper areas,regards wayne

threeleggedpigmy

Mod
Staff member
Welcome Wayne, where do you stay in the UK?

Welcome to the Campfire Wayne. That is a beautiful rack in that last picture.
Thanks I have been lucky to hunt some beautiful grounds, there are some huge stags in this management area, the last hunt I did here I also tracked for the estate, every single animal that has been shot at has to be followed up I got assigned to a red stag, one hind and a wounded wild boar, the stag went a few hundred meters, the hind was an easy find but the wildboar went over 2km before we got to it. on the way I noticed something strange in the bracken and it turned out to be a wolf which also was looking for the wild boar.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wayne is it true that Hunting in England is for only the wealthy?

Wayne is it true that Hunting in England is for only the wealthy?
No not at all, I don't have much money just a hard working welder, we can get good hunting it takes some time though, but once you get known it is ok, my hunting ground up north is forestry ground for management but my home areas are for pleasure,regards wayne