Help needed finding house painter

Halfhitch

I hope someone in the GON community can provide a recommendation for a reliable but reasonable exterior house painter for a relatively small job at my home off Dawsonville Highway just outside Gainesville. Did a search but didn’t find anything recent.

There are two spots, about 1 sf each, in an inconspicuous area on my hardiplank siding where water overflowed a gutter for some time without my realizing it. The water seems to have gotten behind the paint in those two areas, raised it and and has caused the paint to flake off in the recent winds and heavy rains. There will probably also be some prep involved on the hardiplank, and the job will likely grow some in order to blend in the repainted areas with the rest of the house (house isn’t ready for a full repaint yet). The spots are on the chimney casing at the 2nd floor gutter height, so it’s about 25 feet up. Although I have some of the original paint which might work, I’m getting old, don’t like heights anyway, and no way I’d try to do it. And I’d like it done right.

A neighbor had his house painted about a year ago and was very happy with his contractor, so he provided what I thought would be a good recommendation. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten a reply at all from his contractor after almost a week, so I’m hoping now to get a name from a GON member and not have to go to Google or similar sources. Anyone know someone they’re comfortable recommending? Thanks in advance…

NOYDB

BANNED
The contractor has the same "overhead" to paint two patches as he does to paint entire house. If he has the experience you want, he has already dealt with "but it's a small job". If you describe it as a small job he may not be willing to call you back.

Halfhitch

Thanks for the suggestions, in the thread and by PM. I’ll check for a week or so to see if there are others as well and will then contact those recommended. Thanks also CCR for the Sherwin Williams suggestion – did that years ago for a house in Florida with good results, but had forgotten about it.

Thanks again.

Last edited: