Help please. Pulling a camper with a jacked up truck.

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
I have a fairly low to the ground f250 I pull a 9000 lb camper with. It's my work truck. I want to buy another f250 but alittle higher off the ground. The hitch I have makes the camper level. But if I get something that is a foot higher I may drag the ground with the back of the camper on steep grades. How do I stop this from happening? Do I need to take the new truck to camping world and get them to reconfigure the whole hitch deal and get them to help me? The hitch and sway bar was 750.00. I don't see this working on a new truck but maybe I'm over thinking it? Any help or pictures is greatly appreciated

T-N-T

You can buy a drop hitch for the sway control/load level setup.
I googled
drop hitch load level
and this came up from Walmart.com....... -$80

hitch.jpg

WayneB

If your truck is higher, you will lower the ball mount to compensate.
Your hitch should be similar to what Tnt posted, maybe not to that extreme. It should have a means to raise or lower depending on vehicle height.

T-N-T

If your truck is higher, you will lower the ball mount to compensate.
Your hitch should be similar to what Tnt posted, maybe not to that extreme. It should have a means to raise or lower depending on vehicle height.

Yeah, that hitch will accommodate a pretty significant lift and tire combo.

WayneB

I went from an 06 megacab 2500 2wd to a 17 2500 4wd, had to lower the ball mount portion 3 1/2 inch.
I wouldnt worry too much about dragging the tail of the camper until it does.

Boondocks

I will not trust my camper with a china made wal mart hitch.I do not think you will be happy pulling with a jacked up truck.I have a f250 2wd for my camper which is 35'.It pulls good.

7mmMag

Just make sure the hitch is rated for the load you are hauling. It will be fine. I have a $50 Walmart hitch similar to the one above and I haven't had a problem in 7 years. You need to see where the weight lowers the truck too then raise or lower sway kit to level camper. That being said best to get a 10k weight limit hitch for a 9k load

walters

Truck

I pulled with a jacked up truck for years, only thing I hated about it was it wouldn't pass a gas station pulling those big tires and the camper, just get u a drop hitch like showed above