Here's Another Reason I Don't Care Much For the Catholic Church

PopPop

How rock solid are the private property rights in China?

Thread starter #42
That's easy.

I can't think of a single purpose that justifies stealing private property, and the importance of the purpose has no impact on that decision.
That's about what I figured you'd say. I'll take that as your concession speech. It was a good one too. ::ke::bounce:

bassboy1

Nope. All things tend towards entropy. Especially government of the people, by the people, for the people.
That's very true, hence my unending desire to limit .gov as much as humanly possible. Hopefully slow the progression to some degree.

It's entirely possible that I've got 60 years ahead. Looking backwards at the rights we've lost in the last 60 years, and extrapolating that same level of loss forward another 60 paints a very grim picture. I'll stick with my absolutes.

Thread starter #46
That's very true, hence my unending desire to limit .gov as much as humanly possible. Hopefully slow the progression to some degree.

It's entirely possible that I've got 60 years ahead. Looking backwards at the rights we've lost in the last 60 years, and extrapolating that same level of loss forward another 60 paints a very grim picture. I'll stick with my absolutes.
The pendulum swings both ways. Look at Europe. Their pendulum is swinging back towards the conservatives. Even Europeans have figured out the lie of globalism.

Hush, I asked White Horse.:whip:

And, I hope Kelo v. New London is not your example of just barely not. If that just inches across the line, I'd hate to see what would still remain on the opposite side.
Once again, Elfiii has very ably given my answer. Wouldn't let many people be my spokesman, but he can do it, at least when it comes to eminent domain.