here's the deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewsman

From DDawdg in the"ghost" thread

But I do see them as a warning, Striper. I see them as proof positive that Christianity is a test from God to see if His people will be led astray by it or keep on believing in the Original Testament and Covenant that God made with the Jewish people. Those who truly understand and read the Original Testament in context as it is written will never be led astray by the false "messiah".

In fact, it astounds me that so many of you who I know are learned men are completely without understanding of the Original Testament scriptures. It all goes back to believing what you want to see there, not what is truly there.
end of Dixie dawgs quote

Many of the "learned men"you refer to are Christians that respect the Jewish roots of the Church and embrace the teachings of the Old Testament.

They are not Jewish,neither by faith or race.The Law does not apply to them.The covenant does not apply to Gentiles.Most of us on here fall into that category.We can't be saved by the Law,which fails us (or us it)miserably.

They have a covenant+/- they follow...the Dispensation of Grace.

They also believe Jesus is the Messiah.

They are not without understanding.They may not grasp the subtle nuances of a book translated from a different language to the extent Hebrew scholars do,but rest assured they have more than a casual grasp of the majority of the theological concepts there.They do not see what they singly want to see there,but that which is generally seen there by many learned people also.

You have not inadvertently stumbled into the midst of a bunch of mindless sheep following a false doctrine.You are instead enjoying the fellowship of people who have also studied and made a commitment in their life to serve the Lord.

What astounds me most in this whole equation is that you expect them to somehow be led to understand what you have drawn from your"studies"and your self-proclaimed deep understanding of the Word of God in context,when you sometimes lack basic understanding in the wording of some of their posts.You quote them out of context...put words in their mouths,look for ways to discredit partial statements while ignoring the whole truth in what they proclaim.

When people ask for a thread to not be a debate,you intentionally give the opposing view.If you do not understand that request in English,today, in context of this board ,and the request for harmonious discussion on that thread,I don't think they should take your word for your idea on scriptures written over 2000 years ago in a different language .

In a nutshell,you do not follow Jewish law.You are not Jewish.You do not believe Christ was the Messiah and make blasphemous remarks to that effect.

You are blown about by winds of doctrine,from Jehovahs witness,to Christian,to psuedo Judaism.

Please refrain from arguing articles of faith with people until you are on stable ground and know what you believe. Prostelyzing for the"no religion"you are touting is dangerous for the eternal souls of the people you confuse.......

Dixie Dawg

matthewsman said:
You quote them out of context...put words in their mouths,look for ways to discredit partial statements while ignoring the whole truth in what they proclaim.

If this is true, how is it different than the raping of the "Old Testament" that is done by the Christians in order to make it fit what they believe? Taking things out of context and putting words in God's mouth is staple doctrine in Christianity.

When people ask for a thread to not be a debate,you intentionally give the opposing view.If you do not understand that request in English,today, in context of this board ,and the request for harmonious discussion on that thread,I don't think they should take your word for your idea on scriptures written over 2000 years ago in a different language .

That is your opinion. I 'intentionally' give the opposing view? Who are you to say? Do you know my thoughts? I think not. It doesn't matter WHAT I say... you will twist it around and accuse me of trying to start a debate. Anyone else, and you would consider it a 'discussion', not 'debate'. But with me, nope, you assume what you want to assume.

You are blown about by winds of doctrine,from Jehovahs witness,to Christian,to psuedo Judaism.

Please refrain from arguing articles of faith with people until you are on stable ground and know what you believe. Prostelyzing for the"no religion"you are touting is dangerous for the eternal souls of the people you confuse.......

I am on extremely stable ground and know exactly what (and WHO) I believe in.

My question is, if this is a personal message directed to me, why did you not send it via PM? Why start a single thread aimed directly at me? Because you enjoy the show, that's why. It makes you feel good to put on your Christian costume in front of your fellow believers, when I know you differently behind the scenes. I have had numerous questions over the last month and a half wondering what the problem is between you and I... is this where you want to air dirty laundry? If you truly want to call me out, then fine, that's your choice. I suggest if you have any further direct messages to me, you send them via PM.

And since we're on the topic of my 'studies' and your seeming opposition to them, I've been wondering... if my 'studies' and my study materials are so rhetorical and 'packaged' to you, why is it that, when I loaned you ONE of my many study books 2 years ago, why is it that it took 5 months and 3 phone calls to your wife before I received it back?? :pop: :pop:

Last edited:

matthewsman

And still again

Dixie Dawg said:
If this is true, how is it different than the raping of the "Old Testament" that is done by the Christians in order to make it fit what they believe? Taking things out of context and putting words in God's mouth is staple doctrine in Christianity.

Christians raping the Bible.You have no couth.......It is common for different religions to interpret certain things slightly differently.No one has accused you of anything as offensive as"raping"the Holy Bible.Yes,that is my opinion.

Dixie Dawg said:
I 'intentionally' give the opposing view? Who are you to say? Do you know my thoughts? I think not. It doesn't matter WHAT I say... you will twist it around and accuse me of trying to start a debate. Anyone else, and you would consider it a 'discussion', not 'debate'. But with me, nope, you assume what you want to assume.

I don't think you do it accidentally :rolleyes: I don't think anyone here knows anyones thoughts.Although I can predict with certainty some peoples replies,sometimes I'm wrong.WHAT you say does matter.When you quote someone,then give the opposing view,it's not agreeing .It's not offering approval of what they said.More often than not,you are engaging them in debate.

Dixie Dawg said:
I am on extremely stable ground and know exactly what (and WHO) I believe in.

Then invite them to your church.Show them the youth director.Have your "rabbi"counsel them....Maybe some Woodyites could come here the choir?

If you confuse or sway someones thoughts,if you make them question their faith what do you have to offer them?Just confusion.

Dixie Dawg said:
My question is, if this is a personal message directed to me, why did you not send it via PM? Why start a single thread aimed directly at me? Because you enjoy the show, that's why.

Why do you not answer everyone via pm rather than quoting them and responding to them on the board?Why do you insult their intelligence or dedication to their faith?How do you read post after post by Christians praying for Israel and supporting God's chosen,but still insult them?You referred out of context to the Rev quote as Jesus being the beast spoken of."the similarities,lamb,wounded by the sword etc"That is blasphemous to people of Christian faith.You are more than familiar with that.You still pound it home regardless of the faith of the majority of the people here.

I don't enjoy the show,it's quite the opposite and only when you have been blasphemous do I reply.

[QUOTE =Dixie Dawg] It makes you feel good to put on your Christian costume in front of your fellow believers, when I know you differently behind the scenes. I have had numerous questions over the last month and a half wondering what the problem is between you and I... is this where you want to air dirty laundry? If you truly want to call me out, then fine, that's your choice. I suggest if you have any further direct messages to me, you send them via PM.[/QUOTE]

Any Christian will tell you they are not perfect,just forgiven.All of us have done things wrong in the past.Reminding Christians of their sins to silence their witness is a favorite trick of Satans.(your thoughts"oh no,now he calls me the devil")

As far as dirty laundry?What ever that is to you.....I'm sure you know what is and is not acceptable.

Dixie Dawg said:
And since we're on the topic of my 'studies' and your seeming opposition to them, I've been wondering... if my 'studies' and my study materials are so rhetorical and 'packaged' to you, why is it that, when I loaned you ONE of my many study books 2 years ago, why is it that it took 5 months and 3 phone calls to your wife before I received it back?? :pop: :pop:

No one on here doubts your maniacal perseverance in pushing your faith,whatever that is.No one fails to recognize you have a problem with Christianity.
When you originally loaned it to me,you were showing me the portion denying the virgin birth.It argued the semantics of the words for virgin and young woman.I didn't read very much after that.When you loaned it to me there was no time stipulation on it.When I saw your post here about loaning it to a friend and wanting it back,it was shipped immediately.

Dixie Dawg

matthewsman said:
I don't think you do it accidentally :rolleyes: I don't think anyone here knows anyones thoughts.Although I can predict with certainty some peoples replies,sometimes I'm wrong.WHAT you say does matter.When you quote someone,then give the opposing view,it's not agreeing .It's not offering approval of what they said.More often than not,you are engaging them in debate.

Thanks for the additional example... you automatically jump to the conclusion that I engage them in debate, instead of discussion. So only approving responses are allowed on here?? Come on, not even the Christians agree on everything... I don't see you accusing them of always wanting a debate when they don't agree on doctrine.

Then invite them to your church.Show them the youth director.Have your "rabbi"counsel them....Maybe some Woodyites could come here the choir?

I see... so because my beliefs do not involve organized religion, then in your opinion I don't know what I believe in? That's quite narrow-minded of you, but typical :)

Just because you put God in a box doesn't mean everyone has to.

I don't enjoy the show,it's quite the opposite and only when you have been blasphemous do I reply.

But you do enjoy the show. And as far as being blasphemous, do you have the patent on that? Christianity is blasphemous to me... I don't see anyone posting around what might offend ME, why should I be any different? Seems you want different rules for Christians than for everyone else.

Any Christian will tell you they are not perfect,just forgiven.All of us have done things wrong in the past.Reminding Christians of their sins to silence their witness is a favorite trick of Satans.(your thoughts"oh no,now he calls me the devil"){/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: Please... like this would be the first time you've called me that???

I would hardly call this thread of yours a 'witness'.

As far as dirty laundry?What ever that is to you.....I'm sure you know what is and is not acceptable.

You know exactly what it is... but go ahead and play like you don't. As far as being 'acceptable'... acceptable to whom?? You? Like I care?

When you loaned it to me there was no time stipulation on it.When I saw your post here about loaning it to a friend and wanting it back,it was shipped immediately.

I think your memory is slightly askew. I made 3 phone calls, one in August, one in October and the last one in December, asking for the book to be returned. That was after I posted about wanting it back. It wasn't returned until December. If you call that 'immediately', well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Hey Guys - I try not to interfere with the debates as long as they don't become personal attacks - It seems that the two of you have some bones to pick with one another -- Debate is one thing, but personal picking might be better suited with the PM feature...

matthewsman

Allow me to clarify

Dixie Dawg said:
But you do enjoy the show. And as far as being blasphemous, do you have the patent on that? Christianity is blasphemous to me... I don't see anyone posting around what might offend ME, why should I be any different?

The reason I isolated this is you were attempting, successfully to turn my other thread into your typical Judeo /Christian debate.......And I didn't want to further detract from my thread....

Dixie Dawg said:
Seems you want different rules for Christians than for everyone else.

That's exactly what I'm telling you,but only the others seem to be listening.
What the Jewish people believe,They are charged with keeping,the Law.If the Messiah has not come,they keep the Law.

What Christians believe is what they are charged to believe,they are saved by Grace.They receive the benefits of the Jewish people by blessing the Jewish people as offered elsewhere in this forum....

In some countries people drive on the left side of the road.Here we drive on the right.For each the other is wrong,but for where they are it is right.

Dixie Dawg said:
I would hardly call this thread of yours a 'witness'.

Nor would I.A persons life is their witness.This forum is but a small part of mine.The things I do,the things I don't do,and the things I have rejected speak volumes more.

Dixie Dawg said:
You know exactly what it is... but go ahead and play like you don't. As far as being 'acceptable'... acceptable to whom?? You? Like I care?

dirty laundry?That I am not a man of the clothe or a pillar in the community?:crazy: Many here know that.That I have failed my family and friends in the past?Many here are aware of that.Many here have also.Many here have been forgiven also,by God and the people here on earth they failed as I have.No need to beat a dead horse.No need to rehash the details.

No need for you to attempt to hold them over my head.

[QUOTE =Dixie Dawg]I think your memory is slightly askew. I made 3 phone calls, one in August, one in October and the last one in December, asking for the book to be returned. That was after I posted about wanting it back. It wasn't returned until December. If you call that 'immediately', well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.[/QUOTE]

The timing isn't the issue.If I wasn't prudent enough for you,I'm sorry.you got it back.The issue is I didn't spend 5 mos. engrossed in studying it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.