Hevi Shot Mag Blend problem or is it?

HuntinFreak22

I have been shooting the Hevi Shot 5x6x7 mag blend out of my sbe2 and it patterns great and I have killed multiple turkeys with this setup. However I have noticed that the clinched ends have a resin type substance that seals the ends but on some of the shells the resin has fallen out. Is this a problem and would it affect the performance of the shell?

Attachments

• 1428368455787.jpg
    1428368455787.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 480

Flaustin1

Nah its fine. Just don't get it to wet. Happens to our duck loads all the time.

TurkeyDreamer

I have had the same thing happen to other hevishot shells. It should not be a problem as long as you don't lose too many pellets. The problem seems worse if you use shells from 1 to 2 years old, particularly those that you may carry around with you in your turkey vest.

nick_o_demus

Heavy Shot gets lighter by the season... HAHA! I switched to Remington Nitro Turkey because of this. It was getting all over my calls.

HuntinFreak22

Thanks for the responses guys!! I figured it was ok, but in Turkey hunting every pellet counts. I will "borrow" some of my wife's fingernail polish when she is not looking.

Jellyhead Joe

I use wood glue on mine. It seems to work good. I had this problem two years ago. The buffer was leaking from the shells and it caused my gun to not cycle properly. Since I started sealing the ends I have had no further problems.