Hey AL! Fleshin` and breakin` beams.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Here ya go. The top of the fleshin` beam hits me right about belt buckle height, and the breakin` beam is right at the lower center of my chest. It works great for pullin` and stretchin` a hide that has been brained.

Two of them pics? Just some varmint runnin` wide open through the place, while I was takin` the other pics. :rofl:

Attachments

• MVC-137F.JPG
    MVC-137F.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 274
  • MVC-138F.JPG
    MVC-138F.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 289
  • MVC-139F.JPG
    MVC-139F.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 286
  • MVC-141F.JPG
    MVC-141F.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 280
  • MVC-143F.JPG
    MVC-143F.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 282

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Make sure all corners on the breakin` beam are SMOOTH. The same for the workin` area on the fleshin` beam.

Attachments

• MVC-140F.JPG
    MVC-140F.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 278
  • MVC-144F.JPG
    MVC-144F.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 278

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Hey Nic, whats up with Fighto in the pics? lol

I told him that if he didn`t act right, his hide would be the next on the beam, so he took off! :rofl:

Naw, Boreegard just takes a runnin` fit ever once in a while. I was just in the right place at the right time to take the shots. :bounce:

mudawg

haha, I love dogs like that. I have a golden retriever like that. He will follow me on the fourwheeler. That dog can keep up with me doin 26mph!!!

Al33

That looks perfect Nic. I know you are supposed to work the flesh off from the high end of the beam but after I cut a hole in the hide I discovered I could control the draw knife better from the lower end. Of course, we didn't have but about a 25 degree angle on the one we made and set up.

I still have not stretched it. I did the TBG thing yesterday and thought I would do it today but things got in the way. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks again!:)